leatherman

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Neighbor

AMAZING STORY OF A TRUE HERO AND HIS LEATHERMAN MUT - THANK YOU DANIEL FOR YOUR SERVICE WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!

"We were out on a pretty standard security patrol in the Sangin district of Afghanistan. After a pretty long patrol, we started our return back towards the PB (patrol base). It was a really shady part of town; in fact, it was the same place where I was in a grenade attack a couple weeks earlier. I was the third person from the back of the patrol and the insurgent jumped out of an alleyway behind us and opened up with an AK47. I immediately crouched, spun and brought my rifle up to return fire. As I spun, the first round hit my hip, the second round went through my forearm just barely below the bone and in front of the elbow and a third round hit me in the stomach. Immediately my whole squad opened fire with everything—including a grenade!—and pushed past me towards the insurgent so I wouldn't be exposed. The round that hit me in my stomach was stopped by the bullet proof SAPI plate in my flack jacket. The round that hit my hip was stopped by my Leatherman MUT! My corpsman had me put pressure on the wound and checked it for fragments and arterial bleeding then wrapped it in a pressure dressing. I refused anything else or any other help so then I got up and we pushed out to an open field where we set up security and waited for the med-evac. Unfortunately, when they tore everything off in the helo, that was the last time I saw the MUT, but it definitely saved me from serious injury."​
From Leatherman USA

AMAZING STORY OF A TRUE HERO AND HIS LEATHERMAN MUT - THANK YOU DANIEL FOR YOUR SERVICE WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!
"We were out on a pretty standard security patrol in the Sangin district of Afghanistan. After a pretty long patrol, we started our return back towards the PB (patrol base). It was a really shady part of town; in fact, it was the same place where I was in a grenade attack a couple weeks earlier. I was the third person from the back of the patrol and the insurgent jumped out of an alleyway behind us and opened up with an AK47. I immediately crouched, spun and brought my rifle up to return fire. As I spun, the first round hit my hip, the second round went through my forearm just barely below the bone and in front of the elbow and a third round hit me in the stomach. Immediately my whole squad opened fire with everything—including a grenade!—and pushed past me towards the insurgent so I wouldn't be exposed. The round that hit me in my stomach was stopped by the bullet proof SAPI plate in my flack jacket. The round that hit my hip was stopped by my Leatherman MUT! My corpsman had me put pressure on the wound and checked it for fragments and arterial bleeding then wrapped it in a pressure dressing. I refused anything else or any other help so then I got up and we pushed out to an open field where we set up security and waited for the med-evac. Unfortunately, when they tore everything off in the helo, that was the last time I saw the MUT, but it definitely saved me from serious injury."
From Leatherman USA
What a cool story! Thank God for the leatherman Mut!!

Thank God period!
and what a freaken trooper!
ya maybe only one got good penitration (elbow) but to continue march?
CRAZY!

A super hard charger!

wonder if he needs a survivor group LOL!

Sh!t, that dude needs a new leatherman mut, hope leatherman got this story !
If I was in charge of leatherman I would replace his mut, and pay him to advertise for the company

Back