meatloaf

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
1 packet of onion soup mix
3 lb's of beef or vinisin
1 large egg
3/4 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of catsup
3 table spoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoons of yellow musturd
2 to 4 tablespoons of heinz red wine vinegar
directions
1.preheat oven to 350f
2.mix the ingredients.then mix into the beef..

3..mix bread crumbs untill desired thickness
4.form the combination into a well packed loaf shape in a 13x9x2 loaf pan
5.bake uncovered for about one hour.when done turn oven off.take meatloaf from oven.drain grease from pan.then spread meatloaf topping over top of meatloaf.
6.replace into over for 5 minutes.then it's ready to serve and eat.

1 packet of onion soup mix
3 lb's of beef or vinisin
1 large egg
3/4 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of catsup
3 table spoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoons of yellow musturd
2 to 4 tablespoons of heinz red wine vinegar
directions
1.preheat oven to 350f
2.mix the ingredients.then mix into the beef..

3..mix bread crumbs untill desired thickness
4.form the combination into a well packed loaf shape in a 13x9x2 loaf pan
5.bake uncovered for about one hour.when done turn oven off.take meatloaf from oven.drain grease from pan.then spread meatloaf topping over top of meatloaf.
6.replace into over for 5 minutes.then it's ready to serve and eat.
I want to thank you for this. I recently made a meatloaf and my wife said, "Can you add some flavor next time?" Meatloaf is not my forte. I do a chili bean thing that will top anything you can come up with. I spent years perfecting it and everyone who I make it for, raves and wants the secret. Okay, I just lied, I got this receipe from a guy in prison. He spent years perfecting it. And I have to admit that I've been around many decades and his is the best!
If anyone is interested and I get a responce I will post it. I have to dig into my food file cabinet which is pretty thick.
But once again Jim, I am going to try your meatloaf on Monday and I thankyou. It sounds great.

thanks..i came across that recipe in a dif site.in which it had ingredents in it i didnt care for.so i removed them,and added a couple..and i must admit that it turned out better then i thought it would

Here's an easy "cheaters" meatloaf.Great for if in a hurry,etc.It's not bad at all either.

2 lb. ground beef
1 box Stove Top stuffing (chicken)
3/4 cup of water
I add extra onion

Mix all and form loaf in pan

Bake at 350 deg for about 45/50 min,drain grease off and top with half and half mix of ketchup and brown sugar,bake another 10 to 15 min to caramelize the glaze.

I have a famous secrete recipe myself,but when I don't feel like making it,I use this recipe and have for years,don't knock it,lol.

Meatloaf is not my favorite thing in the world,but it is really pretty tasty.Made it just last night and although I wasn't looking forward to "meatloaf",it did hit the spot.The seasonings in the stove top give it a really good flavor. ;)

I'm a vodka kinda guy,but yes I agree,lol,ya need something potent to wash any meatloaf down,haha.

me to.at least untill the first time i fixed it..lol..and like i already pointed out.it turned out better then i tought it would.even my sister likes it.and she said that much good about my cooking before.. :) even my mom brags about it..

I want to thank you for this. I recently made a meatloaf and my wife said, "Can you add some flavor next time?" Meatloaf is not my forte. I do a chili bean thing that will top anything you can come up with. I spent years perfecting it and everyone who I make it for, raves and wants the secret. Okay, I just lied, I got this receipe from a guy in prison. He spent years perfecting it. And I have to admit that I've been around many decades and his is the best!
If anyone is interested and I get a responce I will post it. I have to dig into my food file cabinet which is pretty thick.
But once again Jim, I am going to try your meatloaf on Monday and I thankyou. It sounds great.
Although I have one too, my chili recipe is never the same twice lol, here's mine, throw a lotta **** inna pot n let it sit for a long dang time lol. id like to have this recipe of yours if you're willing?

Never tried bison in meatloaf, have had a bison burger, as the roam here wild still, only place in the left I think. I have a famous Chile Verde recipe which has won me a ribbon or two.

The one I use and my guys love it. . .In the past when they have eaten meatloaf they haven't

1/2 c chopped onion
1 T chopped garlic
2 t fat of some kind
1 large egg
1/3 c steak sauce
2 t garlic powder
2 t seasoned salt
1 t pepper
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 c diced tomatoes, I use canned from the garden
1/3 c uncooked quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, but use can use ketchup

Preheat oven to 350. Sauté onions and garlic in hot oil until tender. Whisk together egg and next 4 ingredients. Add ground beef and the next 2 ingredients and combine with hand. Shape mixture into a loaf and place into pan. Bake at 350 for an hour and 5 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Place barbecue sauce or ketchup in a small pan and heat up while the meatloaf is "resting". Spread the sauce over the meatloaf. You need to let is rest for about 10minutes before serving so hat it will cut up nicely.

and I am a wine type of girl. . . can't handle whiskey or beer, but I can make a bad a** chili. Have even won an award a time or two.

Man, it sounds like we need a chili cookoff. I thank everybody for their meatloaf inputs and I've tried many of them but my wife told me NO MORE.
I didn't do justice to that particular entre I guess. So what say thee? Shall we all throw our Chili Receipes out there at the next Preppers hangout, round up some judges and sweeten the pot? I will donate $50 toward helping our members so they can make it to prepper organizations and send it straight to Clyde.
I still claim the best chili receipe this side of the Mississippi and I am in Baton Rouge. Can we make this work?

Man, it sounds like we need a chili cookoff. I thank everybody for their meatloaf inputs and I've tried many of them but my wife told me NO MORE.
I didn't do justice to that particular entre I guess. So what say thee? Shall we all throw our Chili Receipes out there at the next Preppers hangout, round up some judges and sweeten the pot? I will donate $50 toward helping our members so they can make it to prepper organizations and send it straight to Clyde.
I still claim the best chili receipe this side of the Mississippi and I am in Baton Rouge. Can we make this work?
Uncle Albert, if the next meet up is closer to home (It would have to be a day trip for me) and I can make it, YOU ARE ON! lol I love my chili recipe. I like it hot, but the judges seemed to be wimps and like it in the sweeter side.

i wont even come close to adding jalapino's to any thing.on acount mom dont eat them..she has a hard enough time dealing with what i considre medium salsa in restaraunts

Latest posts

Back