MILITARY?!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
My grandson works near Marathon refinery in Texascity, Texas and I just relieved a picture of a military Helo flying over the refinery. He said they have been flying around and close to the plant for over 5 hours. There is currently one Helo (looks like an apache) hovering over the most explosive portion of the plant?!? Any ideas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 18
We get lots of Military air traffic here . They practice over the moutains here and fly down to Red Stone Arsinal and back . Black Hawks , UH 47's , Apaches , Specters , C 130,s , etc . It adds to the atmosphere when I'm out praticing field craft . The one you are talking about could be training or some one called in a threat ? It will be intresting to see what the press release says if questioned .

My grandson works near Marathon refinery in Texascity, Texas and I just relieved a picture of a military Helo flying over the refinery. He said they have been flying around and close to the plant for over 5 hours. There is currently one Helo (looks like an apache) hovering over the most explosive portion of the plant?!? Any ideas
I know when I worked for a nuclear plant we used to have the coast guard do several fly overs each day as did CHP. Could be routine. They may have received some sort of communique from the FBI or Homeland, as the FBI is the only law enforcement we answered to.

Well, there is nothing in a refinery that a Helo is used to move, we use cranes. Plus there is no rope, chain, or cable hanging

Air samples for one, since Texas City has major shipping traffic it could also be checking out the tankers for explosives such as dirty bomb etc... I have seen the EPA/DHS use UH60 to take air samples or other type of testing

Latest posts

Back