MilSim paintball

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake-prepper_hopeful

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Amateur Radio Call Sign
JZ1213
My friends and I want to try paintball as a training method and want me to lead the, I guess they're called drills or sims? I know the military use this method sometimes and was wanting some feedback from anyone who's tried milsim themselves.

Just buy Tippman US army series markers. We use half and half training meaning pistols are all airsoft rifles are paintball. Make sure that the amount of ammo you give to each is exactly the amount your hand gun and rifle use. That way reloads become natural.

I have a tippmann ft12 and it seems pretty easy they have some older markers and I was considering the airsoft for pistols since they are so cheap

You'll want all metal gas blow back airsoft handguns and you should be able to find ones close to or exactly like the hand gun you carry. They usually even clean the same...

Yep, best advice already given.

Thing is, in paintball, you will use way different tactics than you would in an actual military op, so watch out for this. This is why so many military folks LOSE all the time in paintball....the concept of sacrificing players is alien to their training, yet an essential element sometimes in achieving a paintball victory.

So, you and all other players would have to have to treat it differently than typical paintball...and more as a military sim. I used to be into it pretty heavily, even doing it at National Guard training bases for urban combat, etc. (what fun)...but not so much anymore. Highly recommended though.

I think Airsoft is probably a lot more realistic for milsim though. Mostly because the good quality guns can have the same weight and feel as the real thing. Whereas paintball markers are MUCH heavier.

Back