Molly (my goat) had triplet on her first pregnancy!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
She actually had them last Sunday, (as in they are a week and 2
day old now) but I have been wanting to post a picture but do not understand how to. Can anyone explain to a computer illiterate? Hubby uploaded the photos from the digital camera. but whenever I tried to insert it under image, it asked for a URL(?) It's in My Pics

She actually had them last Sunday, (as in they are a week and 2
day old now) but I have been wanting to post a picture but do not understand how to. Can anyone explain to a computer illiterate? Hubby uploaded the photos from the digital camera. but whenever I tried to insert it under image, it asked for a URL(?) It's in My Pics

Thats awesome!
I only had one goat that ever had triplets....couldn't believe she managed to raise em all three but she did!! Congratulations!! You sure got your $$ back on that delivery!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Can anyone explain to a computer illiterate? Hubby uploaded the photos from the digital camera. but whenever I tried to insert it under image, it asked for a URL(?) It's in My Pics

To attach a file to your post that is stored on your computer, use the button between the "Create Thread" / "Post Reply" and "Preview" / "More Options" buttons.

congrats on the babies...ill have to message you when were getting closer to pick out goats...i have so many questions :)

To attach a file to your post that is stored on your computer, use the button between the "Create Thread" / "Post Reply" and "Preview" / "More Options" buttons.
Awesome. . . thank you Clyde!

Are these newborn? Do I see an umbilical cord still attached? Nice kids.

The baby in the middle is Annie, which is now 6 months old. Last Wed as I was walking out to check on Charlie, my Holstein, she cried out while I walked by her pasture. She had gotten her front leg stuck in between two trunks of a scrub oak. When I got there, I could tell it was broken, just didn't know how bad. I had to call on my neighbor to come help because there was no way I could do it myself. I climbed the tree to bend it back enough while my buddy picked her leg out. It was a compound fracture that couldn't just be splinted back together, so I loaded her up and drove into town to the vet. He had to amputate it and yes, I was there to watch and see it all. This just tore my heart out! This was the first time that one of my babies got hurt this bad. . Normally, it is just a scrape or two or a swollen ear from fighting. Anyway, she came home to live in my hallway (laid down a water proof tarp and have been cleaning up with broom and bleach with water) for the last week and she has learned that she loves to eat Fruit Loops. Normally I only give my dairy goats this special treat after milking. I put her in with my dairy goats yesterday, but two of them started picking on her trying to reestablish their order, so I put her mama in that pasture to help 'defend' her which she did. They all settled down and Annie has been running around the pasture like she has all four legs.

we have very close where I live,a petting-farm with cows,horses and goats,every time you go there, those goats come to the fence and you have to give them a nice scrattching behind the ears,lovly animals

I'm welling up Danil, I have such a soft spot for animals.
Me too Snowflake . . . . and my goats are my babies. Annie has been doing very well back out in the heard. I normally leave some extra feed in the staunch so she doesn't have to get pushed around during feeding time since that happens right after milking. She just hops on up and eats in peace. I wasn't ready to loose one of my girls, which is why I opted for the amputation verse the BBQ, which is what the guys were pushing for. . . just had to pay for it out of my account but very worth it in my opinion. She will hopefully become one of my milking girls one day. . . she has already become acquainted with the staunch:)

Latest posts

Back