More of a DIY project than prep (Arcade Console)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
So, I've been toying around with this idea for a while.

Making my own arcade game, that can play tons of games and different old game systems.

Typically, the solution here was pretty complex, with a custom arcade controller and programming, and all kinds of big money.

Yesterday, stumbled upon an inexpensive, and easy way to do it. This is damn cool:

X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball

http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade...oduct/x-arcade-tankstick-includes-usb-cables/

With this, I can just build my own wooden cabinet, and use this for controls. Suddenly, my ManCave project just became a lot more fun (and cheaper). Can hook it up to my old PS-2 (that platform has pretty much all of my favorite old games: PacMan, Centipede, Street Fighter, Samurai Showdown, etc.), add a big flat screen TV, and play my old arcade favorites the way they were meant to be played! (with a joystick and a friend!).

And, as I move more consoles out there, can get a switchbox and adaptors for the X-Box 360, Nintendo, etc. and have them all as part of the same arcade game setup.

when it's ready,put some pics of it here..we others can atleast drool ;)

Most definitely. Still a ways off though...unless that joystick is one of my birthday or X-mas gifts.

The plan is to basically set up the ManCave by the end of the year, and this is one of the projects that should soon follow getting the room all set up.

I'm just happy there's a solution that doesn't have me trying to program or solder a bunch of wires and praying that it all works. So happy there's a plug and play option here. (It even has side buttons, that allow it to work for pinball game simulations).

Latest posts

Back