New Neighbors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma'am

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Well, the new neighbors have officially moved in. They dont seem overly friendly, I have only spoken with them 2 time over the last month. I want to try to break the ice- but am finding it very difficult.

In a SHTF situation I think on of the most important things to keep in mind is to be close to those around you-and thats gonna have to include my neighbors.

I think its at the point I should just leave em be, but I wanted to see if you guys had any good ideas.

***(2 weeks ago I took over some of the extra tomatoes from my garden-they werent home so I left it on their porch with a nice note. I thought that would help, but nothing)

We haven't had much luck getting friendly with our new neighbor either and they moved in about 3 years ago now. We wave to each other going by and they have been over once to show their kids our "new" donkeys. Got them that morning and our new jack was getting friendly with the jenny we already had. I went inside to get the kids some crackers to feed them and when I came back out, they were watching a donkey lovin session. They haven't brought the kids over since.
I had an extra gallon of milk a few days ago, so took it over to them. The wife was grateful and very friendly, but they just aren't outside people. You never see them (kids either) outside and they hire out for their lawn work. Most days, we tend to live outside, but yes Ma'am, it is a good idea to make friends with your neighbors.

Or they could be city folks, transplanted, and simply aren't used to knowing their neighbors. Took us some time to get adjusted and try to meet the neighbors, so like Ally said, just give it time, and continue to be nice.

Meh, I just found out that one of the families on our road is moving away. Yes, the noise you hear is me doing the happy dance! And to make it even better, the people that live closest to us may be leaving too!

I just have to keep butchering things in the side yard by the road I guess. One of these people seems to think that my garden and hen house are a get all you want freebie spot for her. Had to put an end to that quick.

If you want to get rid of a neighbor, I heard Peacocks are good. Their screech is very loud apparently. I have only heard stories from a friend. He said he was moving if I got any and he lives about a mile down the road.

Oh Lordy, peacocks are a beautiful nightmare from hell! I'm just too damned cheap to buy them. And as my husband has said when I talked about getting them, if something isn't working out on the farm, it ends up on the dinner table and peacocks are too expensive to eat.

When I lived in the city, once in a blue moon, we'd see a peacock just walking around. Never did find out the origin there. Also, those things can fly (or at least sort of). First time I saw one, was on the roof!

Well, the new neighbors have officially moved in. They dont seem overly friendly, I have only spoken with them 2 time over the last month. I want to try to break the ice- but am finding it very difficult.

In a SHTF situation I think on of the most important things to keep in mind is to be close to those around you-and thats gonna have to include my neighbors.

I think its at the point I should just leave em be, but I wanted to see if you guys had any good ideas.

***(2 weeks ago I took over some of the extra tomatoes from my garden-they werent home so I left it on their porch with a nice note. I thought that would help, but nothing)
Might take these people some time to warm up, maybe not. I'd just leave it be.

I'm the opposite. I'd just as soon not have any neighbors at all. They don't need to know who I am, what I do, what I have and Mr feels the same way. That's one of the many reasons we want to move to the middle of nowhere.

We were upset to lose our neighbor last month. We all used to do a lot of shooting and whatnot. He is a pilot so we never saw him much. Now, the new neighbors are installed. They are a teacher, a stocker at Kmart, and a 13 year old boy. The husband seems really nice and he has guns but needs more practice. The wife is afraid of guns but wants a bunker in her yard. Go figure. The 13 year old boy is a typical boy but his mama keeps him on a short leash. Helicopter parent. We are more free range. They plan to install a few goats and chicken coop. I wanted a chicken coop but my hubby nixed that plan.

I hate my neighbors. The guy that lives above me sells drugs or is on drugs (never leaves his home). Maybe both. Or maybe he's just plain crazy. Their car (he's married?) has a handicap symbol on their rear license plate (assuming it's legit) and they are both in their late 30s and ambulatory. The one on my right has like 3-4 families living in that 2 bed room place. Their noise bothers the heck out of me. The one in front me has feral kids running around screaming and they smell like marijuana (good parenting). The old guy that lives to my left is okay. Pretty quiet guy , but he's kinda of a jerk in a snobbish way. In a SHTF scenario, I'm bugging in and ignoring my doorbell or knocks. If I have to take my Alice Pack and bug out completely to my designated escape location with my fellow prepper/battle buddies , I'm not helping them. F these people.
Sounds like you may need to BUG OUT

I hate my neighbors. The guy that lives above me sells drugs or is on drugs (never leaves his home). Maybe both. Or maybe he's just plain crazy. Their car (he's married?) has a handicap symbol on their rear license plate (assuming it's legit) and they are both in their late 30s and ambulatory. The one on my right has like 3-4 families living in that 2 bed room place. Their noise bothers the heck out of me. The one in front me has feral kids running around screaming and they smell like marijuana (good parenting). The old guy that lives to my left is okay. Pretty quiet guy , but he's kinda of a jerk in a snobbish way. In a SHTF scenario, I'm bugging in and ignoring my doorbell or knocks. If I have to take my Alice Pack and bug out completely to my designated escape location with my fellow prepper/battle buddies , I'm not helping them. F these people.

id be bugging out before they start comeing over n all.and without them knowing it

Well, if the SHTF and they come begging for food, just say "Well, I left you some tomatoes........................."

Latest posts

Back