nice cooking/charging fire stove

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys check this stove out. the video explains more
http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/
Pretty cool gadget. I've read about the technology before, as they are in third world countries all over the globe now. I wonder how you get the fire started as you won't have a fan until the unit gets started and begins charging. Anyways, it's a good setup. I know I'm in the minority, but why do you need a smartphone in the woods?lol.

it does not only charge a iPhone but any USB charging device, battery charger,camera, tazzer, ecig lol, i would sure like one.

Backcountry Navigator Pro, and the camera.
My son was just showing me some of the apps on his iPhone, a compass, level, flashlight and a commercial free music app called pandora. Ok maybey it's a handy gadget! I dumped my cell phone when I retired about 8 yrs ago, and I've gotten used to being fine without one, but I have to admit, having the internet with all the knowledge of mankind in your pocket is pretty cool. I have a computer where I work now, and one here at home so I guess I'm ok, but it is tempting sometimes. My son uses straight talk with unlimited everything for 45 a month, I may break down and succumb to the temptation one day!

well brent..might look into tracfone if your not that interested in cell phones.but be careful of what you choose thoe..on account some have internet capabilities.and some don't...there's also net-10 and or net-O,which is probably at least a lil better route to take..

well brent..might look into tracfone if your not that interested in cell phones.but be careful of what you choose thoe..on account some have internet capabilities.and some don't...there's also net-10 and or net-O,which is probably at least a lil better route to take..
Jim, I have a basic cell phone (the flip top kind). you just lost me on everything else:confused:!

I use an I phone at work, and sometimes I'm tempted to get one, but as I've done fine without it for about seven years now, I think I'm ok. There are times it may be handy, but even if I break down, I'm rarely far from something. I even have a good emergency kit in the car with food, warmth, tools, etc. I can honestly afford the service, I think it's my way of thumbing my nose at the world. I kind of get a kick when people find out I don't have a cell and can't imaging how I've survived without it.

tracfone is a every day basic cell phone.and i have the flip open kind..and once every 3 months i buy minutes just to keep it active no matter if i need the minutes or not....and i keep the minutes i already had tobigin with..plus my phone has double my minutes plan..which means.if i buy 60 minutes.they get doubled into 120 minutes..i dont use my phone that much..so i now have over 2000 minutes because of it all

what if your not close to a phone.and with no other form of communication,so you can get in touch with her?how will you get in touch.? this means no phone/cb/walkie talkie/ or any other kind of connection with her?

what if your not close to a phone.and with no other form of communication,so you can get in touch with her?how will you get in touch.? this means no phone/cb/walkie talkie/ or any other kind of connection with her?
I do have portable warlike talkies for a bugout situation, but they have about a two to three mile range, and are pretty much only for emergencys. I'm usually never more than 20 minutes by car away from home, so even if I had to hoof it I could be here in three hrs at worst case.

oh yeah..i originally got my cell phone just in case i need to get in touch with my mom or someone else for what ever reason.in other words.i got it for emergincys.but it has come in handy at other times as well..

Only reason I have my cell is cause hunny thought I needed one since I drove the back road into work. I do have to say it comes in handy for when my mom (who is handicapped and in a wheelchair) needs something or my 91 year old MIL needs something.

I am very much dependent on my cellphones as i use it for work and research on the go, at any given time i have at least 2 phones on me. i know tho i can live without them lol i acuatly wish i could because at most times its an extreme distracting. i go through about 2 phones every 6 months due to my work and my misuse of them lol

Latest posts

Back