Nuclear Prepping Series

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this is a site called goshen prepping. the guy is a MD, retired, worked for pentago and did some interesting things. but his channels has info on things to think on, actions that can be taken and how to learn more on what. he is pretty good.

he has a series on nuke prepping, things to leanr, tke car eof, etc----unless one is in that inner circle of blast, most people will survive a hit. but how one survives is whats important. thought someone might find this interesting.

Nuclear Prepping Series​

this is a site called goshen prepping. the guy is a MD, retired, worked for pentago and did some interesting things. but his channels has info on things to think on, actions that can be taken and how to learn more on what. he is pretty good.

he has a series on nuke prepping, things to leanr, tke car eof, etc----unless one is in that inner circle of blast, most people will survive a hit. but how one survives is whats important. thought someone might find this interesting.

Nuclear Prepping Series​

This is excellent information on the link provided by " Jazzy " . I know the " we are all going to die folks " will not like it but I suppose that is where the separate paths take , distinguishing preppers and non-preppers . Accept it or not is up to the individual .

Last edited:
I think we have shared this before, but it's a good time to review. Check this out and plug in your location. Fill in the blanks; your area, bomb size, air or surface detonation. It will give you an idea of how you would fare if a nuclear bomb hit near you.

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein (nuclearsecrecy.com)

Not sure if this advise was covered already, but it’s important.

For those of us with gardens pick up some heavy plastic covers. Big ones. Enough to cover your gardens and protect the soil as much as possible. Don’t forget to have rocks or long pieces of wood to secure down the sides. Future gardening might depend on you protecting that soil from fallout.

I have watched several of their videos I think they are quite good

Here is the second installment

I liked this one the best: About Fallout and Fallout Shelters.
The real danger to 99% of us.
"This video and this series aim at depicting those mistaken beliefs with expert facts. Specifically, this video focuses on the fallout, its dispersal pattern, and how to shelter from it."
He shreds a lot of the misinformation out there too:

I find that much more useful than details of what happens at the explosion site. :(

Last edited:
I think we have shared this before, but it's a good time to review. Check this out and plug in your location. Fill in the blanks; your area, bomb size, air or surface detonation. It will give you an idea of how you would fare if a nuclear bomb hit near you.

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein (nuclearsecrecy.com)

thanks morgan for posting tht link. it is very helpful in understanding what one can face.

i think most americans have no clue such things could happen here as for such a long time all wars and fighting was somewhere else.

like many been warning--most people will survive some nuke attcaks here--but how to survive what follows is a bigger threat.

I liked this one the best: About Fallout and Fallout Shelters.
The real danger to 99% of us.
Sorry, I gotta toot my own horn a little. :(
Some of us actually 'walk the walk', and not just 'talk the talk'. :rolleyes:
My CDV-700:

How hot is it outside?
I will know. :)
...Will you?

Last edited:
i got one of those, they are cool. years back when i first got my place someone told me to scan my place several times to get my proper background average i wrote it down somewhere--maybe ill drag out the meter and see if its changed any in the last 15 yrs.
great reminder, thanks!.

i got one of those, they are cool. years back when i first got my place someone told me to scan my place several times to get my proper background average i wrote it down somewhere--maybe ill drag out the meter and see if its changed any in the last 15 yrs.
great reminder, thanks!.
Hopefully you followed the directions and didn't store it with batteries in it :oops:.
The CDV-700 has a test source on the side of it, to verify operation. :)
The source only good for 150 years, so I think you will be ok. 🤣
cdv700-checksource-8.jpg

Canya' see the little 'rock' in it?

Last edited:
Hopefully you followed the directions and didn't store it with batteries in it :oops:.
The CDV-700 has a test source on the side of it, to verify operation. :)
The source only good for 150 years, so I think you will be ok. 🤣
cdv700-checksource-8.jpg

Canya' see the little 'rock' in it?

stored it right with no batteries, gonna have to get my marine drill sarg friend to do this for me. cant see the numbers on the dial.
oh--ive been wrong, been meaning to apologize to any marines here. my friend corrected me marines have drill instructors not drill sargents. he was a drill instructor--and he said dont worry he doent eat crayons. not sure wht that meant but i laughed politely.

Last edited:
stored it right with no batteries, gonna have to get my marine drill sarg friend to do this for me. cant see the numbers on the dial.
oh--ive been wrong, been meaning to apologize to any mariens here. my friend corrected me marines have drill instructors not drill sargents. he was a drill instructor--and he said dont worry he doent eat crayons. not sure wht that meant but i laughed politely.
Don't forget to let it warm up for 10-minutes before testing it. :thumbs:

My radiation detector is one of those old yeller Civil Defense detectors as used in the movie " blast from the past " . It has a self check feature and seems to work just as well as the day it left the factory . I don't know if an E.M.P. would screw it up or not , but for good luck keep it inside a E.M.P. bag and then for extra protection is put inside my faraday cage .

If you go to the home/ video page on the afore mentioned channel, he has a whole lot more info, and seems to have actual knowledge, about a fair bit of stuff. A lot more that a lot of the self appointed experts on the tube.

Just an FYI, but what I do with a variety of topics is create a folder on my computer, so if I find a video or article that I might want to refer to I save it in the folder. That is where I keep the NUKEMAP, so it is easy to find.

It is in my Prepping Folder.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-be...he-threat-of-a-nuclear-winter-is-all-too-real --- Ok so we have survived the blast , the radiation has resided and perhaps for some , they were lucky enough to not receive any radiation at all . So next comes the cloudy conditions the scare mongers Dube global winter . Refer to the above link and in reality the drop in temperature estimated is only " 16 degrees " . Some crops even thrive under cloudy overcast days such as mustard greens , spinach and so forth . Actually my garden this year suffering from the heat would likely have grown better if
i had a nuclear winter this summer . The heat has been more than the garden needed . I am sure as I have stated before the " were all gona die " folks will not like the link nor this post . -- Simply surviving a global nuclear attack is not what some believe it will be like after watching some Hollywood movie and actually believing the movie to be an accurate portrayal .

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-be...he-threat-of-a-nuclear-winter-is-all-too-real --- Ok so we have survived the blast , the radiation has resided and perhaps for some , they were lucky enough to not receive any radiation at all . So next comes the cloudy conditions the scare mongers Dube global winter . Refer to the above link and in reality the drop in temperature estimated is only " 16 degrees " . Some crops even thrive under cloudy overcast days such as mustard greens , spinach and so forth . Actually my garden this year suffering from the heat would likely have grown better if
i had a nuclear winter this summer . The heat has been more than the garden needed . I am sure as I have stated before the " were all gona die " folks will not like the link nor this post . -- Simply surviving a global nuclear attack is not what some believe it will be like after watching some Hollywood movie and actually believing the movie to be an accurate portrayal .
I'm not worried about a 'nuclear winter'.
...So, we have a summer in the 80's instead of 100's, BFD. :rolleyes:

oh--ive been wrong, been meaning to apologize to any marines here. my friend corrected me marines have drill instructors not drill sargents. he was a drill instructor--and he said dont worry he doent eat crayons. not sure wht that meant but i laughed politely.
I forgot to ask if you still have the headphones that came with it?
It is for when it is dark and nobody can see the numbers.
You can listen to the clicks, or the roar if things are 'hot'.
I still have mine, but I cheated and put an amplified speaker on it that can be heard in my video. :)

I forgot to ask if you still have the headphones that came with it?
It is for when it is dark and nobody can see the numbers.
You can listen to the clicks, or the roar if things are 'hot'.
I still have mine, but I cheated and put an amplified speaker on it that can be heard in my video. :)

wow i didnt know that. mine did not come with any headphones but im gonna look into this. if i cn listen to clicks to tell me tha would be great help. ive been worried.

thanks for the great info

wow i didnt know that. mine did not come with any headphones but im gonna look into this. if i cn listen to clicks to tell me tha would be great help. ive been worried.

thanks for the great info
You can't use regular headphones because it works on a different voltage level :(.
220px-CivilDefenseVictoreen700.jpg

Believe it or not " Canadian Prepper and his video / information team scour sites such as this in their quest to provide information for preppers / survivalist . They kindly provided the video fortifying this thread . --- For the sceptics this video was released just a few hours ago , around midnight central standard time .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back