NYC and Sandy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
From what I am reading the two most important things in NYC is Electricity Generation and Food.

Get that preppers?

I hope those people get some relief soon.

From what I am reading the two most important things in NYC is Electricity Generation and Food.

Get that preppers?

I hope those people get some relief soon.
It amazes me how many waited until the day before to try and do something when they knew days in advance this storm was coming.
I know I don't have to worry about electricity. Granted i don't have a generator that will power the whole house, but I won't be sitting in the dark with nothing to do. If I have bars on my sell phone I will be on here letting everyone know how things are going.

I come from NYC. Lived in Rockaway Beach. We have had hurricanes in the past and we made it through. Flooding was normal along the coast. I think people didn't realize just how powerful this one was. It was a combination of a N'orEaster and Hurricane. It's the biggest storm I've ever seen in my lifetime.

I come from NYC. Lived in Rockaway Beach. We have had hurricanes in the past and we made it through. Flooding was normal along the coast. I think people didn't realize just how powerful this one was. It was a combination of a N'orEaster and Hurricane. It's the biggest storm I've ever seen in my lifetime.
My understanding is that storm was some 1000 miles across. I don't recall ever hearing about one that size either.

A new development is rising. A concern about Bacteria Levels on the rise.

Bacteria, and mold fungus is always a after the fact killer, so many homes will be improperly restored and there will be breathing/lung problems from many of these areas for the next 30 years.

Just heard from a friend in NY. Looting in Rockaway is a big problem. People arming themselves with bats, guns, bows & arrows, machetes. Very close to anarchy. Police claim they can handle it, people fed up.

ALL the things you wont hear about on tv, I seen it for myself after katrina,.
human nature says we protect and take care of each other.
Mother nature says human nature, family visits, and fish begin to go bad after 3 days, LOL

ALL the things you wont hear about on tv, I seen it for myself after katrina,.
human nature says we protect and take care of each other.
Mother nature says human nature, family visits, and fish begin to go bad after 3 days, LOL

Like why am I surprised. Years ago my brother had a flat on the Belt Parkway up there. A car pulls up behind him and starts jacking up the other end. My brother yells "what are you doing", the guy yells back "you take that one, we'll take the other 3" LOL my brother chased them off with a tire iron.

Back