Opinions please, A new air rifle or a new compound bow or a flat bow ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Opinions please, A new air rifle or a new compound bow or a flat bow ?

I would like advice, opinion and shared wisdom please.

To begin with I have NO intention of applying for a Fire Arms Licence, I have explained my reasons on many occasions, I have no objection or criticism of other preppers who do want or have got FACs, but I do not want one, period.

So living in the UK do I go for another Air Rifle (I have a good springer) or do I go for another Bow?

I’m thinking about getting another BSA Tactical multi shot 22 SE Ultra or Scorpion PCP and having it tweaked and tuned at the Uk legal of 12 ft pound (until TSHTFJ )

http://bsaguns.co.uk/air-rifles/pcp-airguns/Ultra-SE.aspx

Or do I follow my other options and try and find a basic but reliable COMPOUND bow rated at around 35 pounds draw that must be under 3ft axle to axle (plus a bow press and spare string set)

Or do I try and find a modern short simple Hungarian or Flat bow under 4ft long and rated around 35 pounds draw for its simplicity.

All are compromises I accept as a fact and I would like feedback and suggestions from the community especially on compound bows.

(I’ve already discounted crossbows again)

i have a amf wing archery compound bow in which i bought in a yard sale..i just measured the leanth of it.and it's 50 inches in leanth..now i need arrows for it..will let ya know what i think of it,once i do

If suvival poaching is the main purpose I would go with a good air rifle . As I mentioned in another thread a .22 air rifle can take small game where the average .177 is not as efective on small game but can take birds . A good bow I think is a must if you have no firearm . I would look at a Bear archery you can get a basic compound with veriable draw weight without spending big $ .

If suvival poaching is the main purpose I would go with a good air rifle . As I mentioned in another thread a .22 air rifle can take small game where the average .177 is not as efective on small game but can take birds . A good bow I think is a must if you have no firearm . I would look at a Bear archery you can get a basic compound with veriable draw weight without spending big $ .
I agree with psalm, for small game the pellet gun is great, but for protection from a larger predator (man) the bow is much better.

I got a Mk 7 BSA Meteor in 22 its a trad springer air rifle, and I've added a Mathews Genesis Pro compound to go with the TDR bows we already have.

Latest posts

Back