***Pay It Forward Thread***

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Darksider
Neighbor
If you have any extra gear, post it here and send it (for free) to the first person who responds IN THIS THREAD. Pay it forward is all about giving and, well, paying it forward.

Rules: (Copied from and credited to RRoss)

# 1- 1 item per person, unless an item is unclaimed for 14 days. Also, the donor gets to decide if all items go together to one person, or to separate the items.

#2- Once a member claims an item, a total of 30 days must elapse before the same individual can claim another item. After the 30 day grace period, the member is free to claim another item that he may need/want.

#3- If you are claiming an item we encourage you to post an item FOR someone to claim. This isn't mandatory but in the spirit of this thread we do ask for you to contribute. If you are found to be claiming item after item as soon as the grace period is up, and are abusing this thread you will be warned. If you continue, you will be banned from participating in the thread any further.

#4- Absolutely no dibs may be called through PM. All transactions must take place here in this thread to keep things fair.

#5- Absolutely NO CHARGING, with one exception: If an item is large, the donor can ask the recipient to pay shipping. Otherwise, the item is free.

#6- No "reneges". If you post something up as a free item, don't "ebay" it off after. That goes against the spirit of this thread. If you don't want to participate, that's fine! But don't offer up an item and then change your mind, or you will be banned from receiving.

#7- ABSOLUTELY NO REQUESTS, PERIOD.
This is not Craigslist wanted section, do not post any kind of requests. That is not in the spirit of this.

#8- You must be a member for a minimum of 30 days with a post count of at least 25 in order to participate. If 25 posts is all you have we will check those posts. If you got them all quickly by spamming the forum simply to claim an item you will be removed from this thread.

#9- Once an item is claimed, EDIT YOUR POST(or ask a mod to do it) with "Gone- to <username>"

#10- When possible please include a picture of the item.

Ready..............Set.......................Go!

I will start by offering up a Glock Swag kit.
First one that says "I'll take it", gets it.
WIN_20160203_09_29_10_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have a Flock but that's nice! This is a thread that I thought about suggesting, but? It's a good thread and lotsa fun.

CLAIMED - First "I'll take it" gets it.

Now that was cool!

Thanks. I have several stuff to give away but I'll have to wait til next month to cover shipping (I get a monthly check).

Can there be more than one unclaimed item be listed at a time (by separate members) or does each posted item have to be claimed before another can be posted?

After reading my own question, I am confused...lol. :confused;

What I am trying to ask is:

If member "A" posts a 'surplus B-52 "bombs away" switch' and it has not been claimed yet, can member 'B' post a 'rusty boat anchor' and if it is not claimed yet, can member "C" post a '1952 Jaguar hubcap', and so on and so on, and have multiple items be up for "claiming" at the same time?

I don't see why not, you just gotta keep track of your post !...............

I have some parts for a 1940's era Turkish Mauser 8mm. Front and complete rear ramp sights and part of bolt assembly. The firing pin is broken off but a good welder can build it up and grind it to shape. Also safety to firing pin. This is left over from a basket case Mauser that I ended up sporterizing.
20171221_191036_HDR.jpg

Oh, I forgot. I'll have to wait till the 3rd of the month to ship. That's ssdi payday! Lol

I have some parts for a 1940's era Turkish Mauser 8mm. Front and complete rear ramp sights and part of bolt assembly. The firing pin is broken off but a good welder can build it up and grind it to shape. Also safety to firing pin. This is left over from a basket case Mauser that I ended up sporterizing. View attachment 3042
I also found a few stripper clips I'll send with them.

Edit - Gone to havasu: I finally have something to pay forward! :D

I ordered a new Paleo cookbook and they sent the wrong one. I already have this one and LOVE the recipes in it. No worries! I am happy to gift it to someone here.

Free to a good home...."Well Fed Weeknights". It's full of yummy goodness. :D

20171223_115439.jpg

Latest posts

Back