Porch Pirates

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice...!!

This keeps 'em off my porch...

DXWFO2S.jpg

That's fine if you stay home all day

We have the "Ring" doorbell camera system...and motion detector security lights

As soon as someone comes within 5 yards of the porch or driveway...we see them on live video as it is recorded...

Then we can either speak to them or set off a loud alarm...

If it's twilight or dark...the motion sensor lights add to the quality of the live video and recording.

Very effective...we see the Mail Man, UPS, and FedEx when they drop stuff on the porch... 24 hour loop can be saved.

And yes...most times I make it a point to be there when a package is expected...because I've set up text alerts.

The sign is not really a deterrent...but it does make 'em think when they pause to read it...on camera.

:D

Sounds like your good to go:wink:

There is a group of hoodlums hitting Hollywood, Ca. right now. Three masked men, driving three unplated cars, hit houses with cameras, bust through the rear sliding door, grab guns, jewelry and safes, and are out in under 3 minutes. They are also armed so they don't care if the homes are occupied or not and use the element of surprise and know the cops take 6-7 minutes to get to their houses.

I post this not to scare anyone, but what can you do at your house to slow them down?

We have the "Ring" doorbell camera system...and motion detector security lights

As soon as someone comes within 5 yards of the porch or driveway...we see them on live video as it is recorded...

Then we can either speak to them or set off a loud alarm...

If it's twilight or dark...the motion sensor lights add to the quality of the live video and recording.

Very effective...we see the Mail Man, UPS, and FedEx when they drop stuff on the porch... 24 hour loop can be saved.

And yes...most times I make it a point to be there when a package is expected...because I've set up text alerts.

The sign is not really a deterrent...but it does make 'em think when they pause to read it...on camera.

:D

All you need now is a moat ok I did spell it wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
moat
/mōt/
noun
noun: moat; plural noun: moats
  1. 1.
    a deep, wide ditch surrounding a castle, fort, or town, typically filled with water and intended as a defense against attack.
verb
verb: moat; 3rd person present: moats; past tense: moated; past participle: moated; gerund or present participle: moating
  1. 1.
    surround (a place) with a moat.
    "a moated castle"
:Angie:

I guess I did spell it wrong :cry:
moat
/mōt/
noun
noun: moat; plural noun: moats
  1. 1.
    a deep, wide ditch surrounding a castle, fort, or town, typically filled with water and intended as a defense against attack.
verb
verb: moat; 3rd person present: moats; past tense: moated; past participle: moated; gerund or present participle: moating
  1. 1.
    surround (a place) with a moat.
    "a moated castle"
:Angie:

I never saw pictures of your home
I remember pictures of your trophy room

csm_Moritzburg_Dauerausstellung_Steinsaal_a2b6aa4e2d.jpg

Yea...I told the Sergeant Major and she was none too happy...

"Next time check for clear on the weapon soldier..."

Yes Sergeant Major !!

:surrender:

Back