portable propane tanks..

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
anyone know if these values need replacing before getting them refilled or not..?
propane tanks.JPG

anyone know if these values need replacing before getting them refilled or not..?
View attachment 6220
They will let you know when you go to fill em. I like the regular sized tanks as they are just swapped out and you don't need to worry about it.

View attachment 6220

Christ they look pretty rough, in the UK we exchange ours as we refill them so we always recieve tested, checked and fully painted gas bottles when we need a refill, is that function not available in the US ?

Christ they look pretty rough, in the UK we exchange ours as we refill them so we always recieve tested, checked and fully painted gas bottles when we need a refill, is that function not available in the US ?

The tanks must have the newer type safety valve or if overly rusted most stations won't refill them (the stations I use refills regardless of valve, the new valves are a joke), on the 20lb tanks these tanks can be exchanged at home depot but on the 30/40lb tanks every place I know won't simply exchange them. If the tanks are badly rusted though I wouldn't use them.

They look rough.but still in good shape.it's. Just a matter of cleaning them.then repaint them.a color that don't stand out to much.and one is still full.

That is the standard. However, in rural areas, a lot of gas stations can also refill other propane tanks. I've done it a few times as it is cheaper than exchanging them, but not really cheaper enough to justify it most of the time. The station is simply fairly close to the ranch...so.....

well,i used my smart phone to take a pic of them.seeing how i always have it with,when i go some where..i stopped at one place that refills them.but i need to clean and sand them down,then repaint them.in which i need to make sure that the,numbers and letters on the handle/value guard are readable..then,and only then.they can replace the value inspect it.then refill if pass's..

Latest posts

Back