Prepper Pup needs a forever home!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Neighbor
I have an awesome Pitbull in my care right now that needs a forever home. He lived in a home with 5 people and another dog, a German Short Haired Pointer. Well, he got along GREAT with the family for 5 years! The GSP, not so much. They fought over the other dog's food and cost the owner a couple grand in vet bills. Now I'm tasked with finding him a place so he doesn't get smoked by the dog pound. :(

I have his mother and sister.:cool: They live with me and always will. This dog was adopted as soon as he was able to be in a home. I'm actually shocked he's up for adoption, but the owners have a lot of $ in the other dog. They even told me that this guy was the BEST behaved animal they had ever known. I'm floored that they chose to give him away instead of the other boy, honestly.

He's up on shots, neutered, no health problems, though he could drop a couple pounds. He is WAY past house trained, and does well on a leash. He gets along with my girl dogs, my wife, and every kid in our family. Even the little ones who tug on his ears. He's a snuggle bum and loves to cuddle and be petted, but he'll lay down by himself if you tell him you want space. I really can't say enough good things about this dog. I would take him myself except that I can't accommodate a 3rd dog right now. My health, resources, and space are all real reasons I just can't keep him forever. If I hit the lotto this week, I can assure you he won't be available anymore.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who is, please let me know(PM is best). I can provide pics of him and answer any questions about his history. I have all of the vet bills for his check ups, shots etc...

I'm willing to drive him to a forever home, too. I live right next to DC, but am willing to drive FAR to deliver him to the right family. Help me out, this boy makes a great companion and is a great looking dog, too! If this isn't for you or your family, don't worry. I don't want to shove him into a place he won't belong. However, if you know of a place for him, help a fellow prepper out!:america:

What, you mean food-wise? I can understand that. I have been thinking of turning my dogs to eating REAL food. I have talked to some vets, breeders, etc and the breeders recommend it without question. Most of hte vets do too, IF you're willing to cook "Dog healthy" which most people aren't. The other added benefit was that the food is a lot less. Yes, people food is(Can be) less. The food we feed our dogs runs over $2 per lb. WEll, you can imagine that I can cook rice, veggies, and chicken for less than that. It's tough finding foods that aren't high in salt, fat, and other unhealthy stuff though. However, I'm up to the challenge.

Stil, even with this, I won't be able to afford him forever, either. :(

i agree that feeding a pet people food is more then likely better for them..especilly if its a food thats not loaded with salt or what ever..but when a person has to stretch what they buy.thats one reason why i went a small dog.but main reason,is i had my mom in mind at the time i got the one we have.as you know pomaranians are small dogs.and that means she can get on my moms lap..we've had this dog almost 3 years now.and i beleave its done my mom some good haveing it here..

Lord, I can't believe I'm even asking this, Hubs is going to kill my ass. How old is he? Neutered? How big? Has he ever seen a chicken? horse? goat? Do you think he'd lose his mind if he were around farm critters? Is he high strung or a couch potato?

He's 5. Neutered. Up on all shots. VERY well behaved. he likes to bark at critters, but stops when told. Our neighbor has a Chihuahua that barks ALL THE TIME. Debo will sometimes bark back, but calms down when told. He doesn't chew things. He's good on a leash. He's even pretty good OFF of a leash. I take him around the neighborhood(Risking a $250 fine, mind you) and take him off so he can walk unrestricted. He does well and sticks with us and our girls.

We have 18 nieces and nephews and he gets along great with ALL of them. He is a moderately active animal. I would say he's right in the average for a 5 year old pitbull. he likes to run for 10-20 minutes with the girls, comes inside and sacks out in their den, right along side of them.

I swear, old_anorak, I wish I could keep him. This is tearing my heart out having to get rid of him. He is a perfect fit here. All the shelters have said they aren't interested except for euthanizing him since he has been aggressive with another male dog. If I roll the dice and they start fussing, then he's done for. I don't want to lie to them and say that he's NEVER shown signs of aggression because of his scraps with the GSP, but it is most definitely NOT in his nature. He's sleeping next to my feet RIGHT NOW with one of the girls.

Keep an ear out, please. There is NO adoption fee, and I am willing to drive him somewhere if it's a good home for him. Thank you all for helping with this thread.

Ambassador Pit Bull rescue................Gainesville , Va. ............ambassadorpitbulls.org................................online today and was thinking of that dog for some unknown reason , have two adoptees here myself .

AWESOME! Thanks, realisticdude. old_anorak, thanks to you, too.

I think I have him a home though. One of my former co-workers is interested. He had to leave town to check in his sick father though. I hope when he gets back I can show him Debo and things can work out. Fingers crossed and hopes are high. I'll check with Ambassador if things don't work out with my man when he gets back.

Yes. The hopeful owner has had some changes transpire and can't take him. This is wearing me out, man. I'm going to call teh Gainesville place today or tomorrow and see what they can do if I can't get him a place..

Latest posts

Back