Redneck Mouse Trap

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Redneck Mouse Trap
This is the best mousetrap I have ever used, 5 gal bucket with a gal of RV antifreeze dumped in the bottom,
plastic bottle with a coat hanger thru it and some peanut butter on the middle of the bottle. Lean a board up
against the side and it works all year without checking it and no smell......

Attachments

• Redneck Mouse Trap.gif
    Redneck Mouse Trap.gif
    2 MB · Views: 25
I have used that mouse trap in my shed many times. Dip the mouse out as soon as possible after they are dead. They get really gross in the bucket. I just use about 4 inches of water instead of antifreeze. It works great until it starts to freeze and its not toxic that way either.

Redneck Mouse Trap
This is the best mousetrap I have ever used, 5 gal bucket with a gal of RV antifreeze dumped in the bottom,
plastic bottle with a coat hanger thru it and some peanut butter on the middle of the bottle. Lean a board up
against the side and it works all year without checking it and no smell......

Need a better pic of that, I am old and have older eye-sight so can't see it as well as I would like.. Seems pretty effective..

it has gotton to the point,where i need to do that.on acount we have mouse issue's.we had 1 bag of coconut flakes,and 1 bag of short grain white rice on the shelves i built,.and yes they got into both.i was gonna throw them away.BUT.i thought.i have some glue boards for catching mice.so i took the coconut and rice,and mixed them togeather.and i now use that as mouse bait on the glue boards.

here's what they look like..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/15680996?...15697632&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=94221943232&veh=sem

it has gotton to the point,where i need to do that.on acount we have mouse issue's.we had 1 bag of coconut flakes,and 1 bag of short grain white rice on the shelves i built,.and yes they got into both.i was gonna throw them away.BUT.i thought.i have some glue boards for catching mice.so i took the coconut and rice,and mixed them togeather.and i now use that as mouse bait on the glue boards.

here's what they look like..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/15680996?...15697632&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=94221943232&veh=sem
Check with your local grocery store bakery (or a caterer when going into a big town) for some icing buckets . . any food grade can be used to store food in. In a pinch, I have used old laundry buckets and cat litter buckets.

i already have the buckets, 20 ounce bottles and wire.so it's just a matter of getting all togeather tomorrow and doing that..

Latest posts

Back