Respect

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care what country these memorials are in including russia, these places are hollow grounds and must be respected, I get extremely angry when places like these are disrespected!

"A soldier that dies by my arms is a soldier to be respected, we are no longer enemies, we are brothers"

I once got into bother when I was young in my old home town when I kicked seven colours of **** out of a drunk who pissed on our war memorial, the cop thought I was mugging the scumbag until I told him what the drunk had done. He just said " I was never here" and walked away, so I cleared off the other way before he changed his mind.

It's a shame really that some do not understand or care about their own countries history . . . . soldiers, their fellow countrymen, fought and some lost their lives defending their country, their freedom and what they believed in. Really it just makes me sick. People need to realize what kind of sacrifices these soldier actually made. . . death, some losing limbs, or even their mental capabilities. Just put yourself in their shoes day after day. It is just appalling to be that disrespectful.

it's so bloody easy to be disrespectful and a moron, you don't have to think..once you think it's a lot harder!
every memorial deserves respect, those men who gave it all were in their best years...and sacrificed all.

When I was stationed at Ft. Sherman Panama we always had with us British and Aussie SAS at the base. One year for Memorial Day we was selected to honor the American Soldiers in Corozal cemetery by placing American flags at the graves of our service men, a month earlier the Brits and Aussies ask if they can be our guest that day (hell ya) on that day they were there before us in full dress very unusual at the time since I ever see are tigerstripe, erdl and tap47 battle fatigues, they stayed with us for about 4 and a half hours (when we completed) and in perfect unison they Presented Arms for every flag we placed from our team, I never forgot that and never will, truly a special day for me.

The Aussie SASR would thrive in the environment of Panama, our lot are happiest in deserts, mountains and deciduous forests doing evil things to bad people, We worked with some US Rangers from Colorado their professionalism was truly of the absolute highest order, they are thinking mans soldiers, no gung ho **** just utter professionals, excellent warriors and totally unsurpassed on hearts and minds operations, and they like British booze.

Last edited:
I'll never forget the first time I saw the traveling wall. I was in uniform, traveling, and was going thru atlanta. I had a few hours, so jumped on Marta and wanted to see downtown. They had set up the memorial in a park I happened upon. I was moved to tears, literally, just looking at all the names. Yeah, if I had seen anyone at that moment pissing on or vandalizing it, I would have been carted off to jail.

Tell me Marta is a horse and not your wife? :)
I'm going to stay out of trouble here! :). Marta's the public rail system around atlanta. Not the safest place for a man 'not of color'. I keep hearing about racism being so against the black man, yet I still remember the hostile looks I got from being the only white boy in the area.

Latest posts

Back