Rogue ‘Cell Towers’ Can Intercept Your Data; At Least One Found In Chicago

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this part i find hard to believe..where would hackers get the money/source for something like that?and then there's the equipment that's needed to install things like that..i believe it's most and likely the so called gov..and if hackers in involved.their in cahoots with the gov, in some way...

“Most likely, they are installed and operated by hackers, trying to steal personal identification and passwords.”

this part i find hard to believe..where would hackers get the money/source for something like that?and then there's the equipment that's needed to install things like that..i believe it's most and likely the so called gov..and if hackers in involved.their in cahoots with the gov, in some way...

“Most likely, they are installed and operated by hackers, trying to steal personal identification and passwords.”

A lot of hackers are organized crime, we had a situation here where organized crime figures installed card readers at the fuel pumps at popular gas stations and no one seen it done nor caught it for over 6 months and possibly a years at some stations. Thats why I pay cash at the pumps ;)

If they know the physical location of the towers, pull permits and see who built it. If there are no permits, burn them down.

Betcha this one mysteriously goes away, never to be mentioned again... meaning it is a gov project.

19 found so far and many located by Military bases. . . so is it organized crime, our own government or even another country spying.

One thing I cannot find information on: if you use a tool like Tor to mask your IP, can they still see what you are doing? Makes me wish for the old days...
It is my understanding that Tor does indeed keep what you're doing under wraps. Unless your actual computer is compromised, in which case, everything you've done is up for review...

The article Mav posted actually says the same thing. These aren't actual "Towers" in the sense of tall structures, but "Towers" in the sense that they are able to intercept phone calls and info. I would be inclined to believe they are either being used by upper level gang/organized crime or by LEOs to work against those same gangs.

You just never know... This is why my wife is always protesting against getting the newest whiz bang tech devices. We just saw a show the other day about people's "Clouds" being hacked... If you need things to be private, keep them off the computer and telephone. Those rules go back as long as I can remember and should remain that way indefinitely. ComSec. ComSec. ComSec....

U.S. Marshals Seize Local Cops’ Cell Phone Tracking Files in Extraordinary Attempt to Keep Information From Public

"Instead of complying with that clear legal obligation, the local police allowed the records to disappear by letting the U.S. Marshals drive down from their office in Tampa, seize the physical files, and move them to an unknown location. We’ve seen our fair share of federal government attempts to keep records about stingrays secret, but we’ve never seen an actual physical raid on state records in order to conceal them from public view"
https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-...ls-seize-local-cops-cell-phone-tracking-files

This is what they don't want you to see, how it works [unsealed] (PDF required)

Attachments

• 100823_transcription_of_suppression_hearing_28unsealed_pages_11-2429.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back