School shootings.....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiredog8

Molon Labe
Neighbor
Amateur Radio Call Sign
none
As a father of three kids in the school systems, and a responsible gun owner, I am outraged at the lack of security my kids have when at school.
Some punk had a beef with his family, and decided to go to a school where there are lax security measures and shoot fish in a barrel. ( No direspect to the victims or their families intended.)
This is an appalling situation. It is common knowledge that guns are not allowed in schools.
And that is the reason these sick people keep going there!
When are people going to wake up and realize that our kids DESERVE to have better protection at school?
Armed security, locking doors, door alarms, hallway and entry point cameras just to name a few.
Another option is to allow licensed Concealed Carry Permit of teachers.
I personally think the CHL is a good idea.
I am going to my kid's schools and discuss their plans of action in a scenario such as yesterdays.
Then I'm going to the Sherriff's Dept. to ask about their plan to deal with same said scenario.
If we all keep asking about this, then they have to address it, formally, and hopefully make changes.
What do you think is best for the KIDS?
May the victims and their family forever be in GOD's peace.

As a father of three kids in the school systems, and a responsible gun owner, I am outraged at the lack of security my kids have when at school.
Some punk had a beef with his family, and decided to go to a school where there are lax security measures and shoot fish in a barrel. ( No direspect to the victims or their families intended.)
This is an appalling situation. It is common knowledge that guns are not allowed in schools.
And that is the reason these sick people keep going there!
When are people going to wake up and realize that our kids DESERVE to have better protection at school?
Armed security, locking doors, door alarms, hallway and entry point cameras just to name a few.
Another option is to allow licensed Concealed Carry Permit of teachers.
I personally think the CHL is a good idea.
I am going to my kid's schools and discuss their plans of action in a scenario such as yesterdays.
Then I'm going to the Sherriff's Dept. to ask about their plan to deal with same said scenario.
If we all keep asking about this, then they have to address it, formally, and hopefully make changes.
What do you think is best for the KIDS?
May the victims and their family forever be in GOD's peace.
I have already been in touch with the districts that i have kids in.
School shootings are not new to America. The first one happened July 26, 1764, in present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania.

What I am suggesting to the powers that be at my school districts are magnetic doors. If someone wants in they either have a code, key fob, key, or the teacher can buzz them in. the students can evacuate in an emergency as the magnet will release once the door handle is turned/pushed. Also use ballistic glass on class room windows.

I also propose armed well background checked security/off duty police or the like.
All College/University campuses have bonafeid police on them why don't elementary, middle and high schools?

Cost s NOT an issue! Child safety is the ONLY issue!!!

I think this is a good question to pose to the "Powers that be."

Locked doors with reinforced glass. Even if it's not ballistic glass. Simple wire within two panels of glass will stall the average evil b**tard long enough for the cops to get there. On premise security guards are a must. They(For sure) and the principal and teachers should be allowed to carry a weapon.

Aside from this, we need to look at our healthcare in this Country. We ignore people who are inclined to do evil, even when CLEAR signs are there. The we turn around and lock up drug addicts with rapists and child molesters for simple possession charges. This has to stop. Just like so many other things in our society, we have this discussion all bassackwards. It's ridiculous and it's costing taxpayers billions and worse yet...... Lives.

Governor Perry stated today that all licensed, trained CCL holders should be allowed to carry anywhere they want in the state of Texas.

Latest posts

Back