Small towns around me

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Why the hell would U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development be buying up baron land (no infrastructures on these properties) in small towns around me, these small towns are farming/ranching communities that have no public transportation to or from these towns, no jobs. In most cases one would have to commute 35 miles one way for work. Something just doesn't make sense here.

If I remember to I will take a picture of the blue and white signs popping up and post here.

Why the hell would U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development be buying up baron land (no infrastructures on these properties) in small towns around me, these small towns are farming/ranching communities that have no public transportation to or from these towns, no jobs. In most cases one would have to commute 35 miles one way for work. Something just doesn't make sense here.

If I remember to I will take a picture of the blue and white signs popping up and post here.
One word: resettlement. All part of "Transforming America". Doesn't matter how far it is to jobs, these people don't work anyway. Probably one of the first things to go up will be a mosque.

Ok, found this, still doesn't make sense? all but one of these towns are unincorporated in other words it's not the community making these decisions perhaps county commissioners? Either way this can't be good!

Derelict houses, dormant factories, moribund strip malls, and other types of vacant and abandoned properties are among the most visible outward signs of a community’s reversing fortunes. Properties that have turned from productive use to disuse are found in cities, suburbs, and rural areas throughout the country, and they vary widely in size, shape, and former use. But these vacant and abandoned properties are more than just a symptom of larger economic forces at work in the community; their association with crime, increased risk to health and welfare, plunging property values, and escalating municipal costs make them problems in and of themselves, contributing to overall community decline and disinvestment.1 Local government officials, community organizations, and residents, however, increasingly view vacant properties as opportunities for productive reuse, reimagining blight and dilapidation as urban farms, community gardens, and health facilities. To them, empty homes can become assets in neighborhood stabilization and revitalization that can be renovated and reoccupied.

https://www.huduser.gov/portal/periodicals/em/winter14/highlight1.html

Latest posts

Back