So P&G Crest puts Polyethylene in it's toothpaste

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I'm sure you heard the news already that "Crest toothpaste embeds plastic in our gums"

"The FDA, for its part, says it has never approved microbeads to be put in toothpaste, which it considers to be an over-the-counter drug. Polyethylene is allowed to come in contact with food, but there has been no ruling saying it is safe to consume"

http://www.dentalbuzz.com/2014/03/04/crest-imbeds-plastic-in-our-gums/

why the hell do they have to put plastic every where???
It is a new type of recycling...... if they put it in food we will crap it out and it will become the sanitation departments problem not the landfill's

ok,now I understand..soon we'll get new guidelines how much to crap per day so the sanitation dept don't get to much plastic in..

I'm not an environmental wacko type fella, we need plastics at the moment for various reasons but common since needs to prevail (not just with tooth paste), I see absolutely no reason what so ever why any company would put any type of plastic particles in tooth paste none! The link @Danil54grl posted above has just shown me the ADA seal is worthless with this statement "the American Dental Association still gives the tiny exfoliating particles its OK" all this does for me, it causes a concern in thinking some type of closed door deals was/are made with the ADA? it is crap like this that breeds conspiracy theorist.

Personally, I'm not in the habit of swallowing my toothpaste.

Think most of us are not in that habit, but for the ones who have small kids and grandkids, you really willing to take that kind of risk? They used to say that 'whatever' was good for you and then years on down the road, they tell us stop, that can cause cancer!

Is this pretty much just the ones with those little crystals? Tried that once, hated it.

Latest posts

Back