Solar Chargers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNative88

Friend
Neighbor
What kind do you use? Is anyone looking for a good one? Whats the going price range for good quality ones?
I know the grid will go down when stuff goes kaput but having a good solid charger can make the world of difference. Even if its just charging radios to keep comms up.

I would also be interested to know people's experience with solar chargers as I would like to add one to my BOB. I recently got a new IPhone and have been loading up the old one with offline maps and PDFs of things like first aid manuals, shelter building guides, and other useful information and want to keep it going in a SHTF situation past its initial charge. I've seen one or two brands at Academy but haven't really done any research yet on anything.

I have a military grade one that is amazing. Charges fast and quick. Comes with all types of adapters. The same one civilian side is around $2000 ha.. But I am sure there are cheaper ones that work plenty well for what people need!

Latest posts

Back