Station HSR

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
The wife goes up with a team to the south side of Mount St. Helens, the team worked on the seismic station while she collected samples, that is Mt. Adams in the far distance, a stratovolcano.

seismic.jpg

The wife goes up with a team to the south side of Mount St. Helens, the team worked on the seismic station while she collected samples, that is Mt. Adams in the far distance, a stratovolcano.

View attachment 4248

Maverick,

I take it if that ever blew...it would blanket your area right? Also since you mentioned it as a stratovolcano, does your wife believe that if it ever blew, it would place a like "nuclear winter". I remember reading somewhere many years ago that the temperatures dropped that year in the U.S. and messed up the weather pattern. I recently read a online news article that some Russian scientist who works for a military think tank suggesting that Russia should aim its strategic missiles at Yellowstone, the Andreas Fault or one of the mountain-volcanoes in the NWA to create a chain reaction. Its plausible that the release would cause dramatic effects across the U.S. With work I hadn't had time to email you to see your thoughts. Care to comment or your wife's thoughts?

Thanks

SB

View attachment 4248

Piggyback Jontte's comment, just lovely from that vantage. Makes Texas look so flat.

Maverick,

I take it if that ever blew...it would blanket your area right? Also since you mentioned it as a stratovolcano, does your wife believe that if it ever blew, it would place a like "nuclear winter". I remember reading somewhere many years ago that the temperatures dropped that year in the U.S. and messed up the weather pattern. I recently read a online news article that some Russian scientist who works for a military think tank suggesting that Russia should aim its strategic missiles at Yellowstone, the Andreas Fault or one of the mountain-volcanoes in the NWA to create a chain reaction. Its plausible that the release would cause dramatic effects across the U.S. With work I hadn't had time to email you to see your thoughts. Care to comment or your wife's thoughts?

Thanks

SB

On russia threat;

"there has never been factual proof a nuclear explosion would cause a volcano to go active given that volcanic activity starts miles and miles below the surface"
http://doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/nuclear-war-intel-here.5905/#post-70428

It depends on the type of explosion and power if we get hit, a big question mark remains?. Nuclear winter, volcanologist have stated, the weather is affected how much is it affected, it depends on the power of the explosion and how long the eruption last, volcanologist and seismologist have both stipulated there is very little correlation between faults and volcanic activity. It is possible a sudden slip in one fault can trigger another fault but unlikely given that the stress in the locked plate has been relieved by the slip, the same is true regarding volcanoes, generally speaking, if one volcano goes off it is already releasing pressure so if another volcano was connected (unlikely) the pressure buildup would have already been reduced. ;)

Latest posts

Back