supermoon 2016

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Supermoon 2016 biggest in 68 years: Best ways to see giant 'Beaver Moon' in November sky

The sky in the overnight hours of Sunday, Nov. 13 to Monday, Nov. 14 will be especially "super."

A rare supermoon will make an appearance early Monday just before dawn. According to NASA, the moon will appear especially bright because it's the closest it has been to Earth since 1948.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/supermoon_2016_biggest_in_60_y.html

Supermoon 2016: How to take photos of supermoon as it lights up November sky

Bill Ingalls, NASA's senior photographer, is one of the world's greats at photographing sky events. His pictures of eclipses and Supermoons are routinely named in the Top 10. So with 2016's closest Supermoon coming this weekend, Ingalls offers a few tips on taking that memorable picture.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2016/11/shoot_2016s_closest_supermoon.html

I'm looking forward to this, just hope it stays clear.

me too..i have a Nikon digital camera and a smart phone.so I'll be taking pic's with both..and it looks like the best time for me to take pic's,is at 5:22 am and/or 7:52 a.m central time.so that means getting up a lil earlier then usual..

me too..i have a Nikon digital camera and a smart phone.so I'll be taking pic's with both..and it looks like the best time for me to take pic's,is at 5:22 am and/or 7:52 a.m central time.so that means getting up a lil earlier then usual..
I just got home a little while ago. Driving in I had a great view of it. Not a cloud in sight either. Wish I had a telescope...

I just got home a little while ago. Driving in I had a great view of it. Not a cloud in sight either. Wish I had a telescope...

Showoff! I never go to see it, so if anyone did get any pics, I'd love to see them.

Tried to see it last night but it was pi.........persistantly raining and total cloud cover, try again tonight.

Tried to see it last night but it was pi.........persistantly raining and total cloud cover, try again tonight.

Don't hold your breath, in the north it's supposed to rain on and off for the next couple of days. In the off bits, I'm sure it will still be cloudy.

I wont hold my breath Sal but Carol Kirkwood on the Beeb says this area has the best chance tonight, mind you the BBC weather forecasts rarely get it right.

1113162009b.jpg 1113162010.jpg Heres 2 that i took

P.s. edit...these i took with my smart phone.and thats what im useing right now..lol

Well it's dark and I suppose the moon is rising, but I can't tell through the cloud cover. :(

Well it's dark and I suppose the moon is rising, but I can't tell through the cloud cover. :(

LOL, I take that back. The moon has risen and the cloud has descended....I'm in the middle of a real Pea-souper here! can barely see across the road.

Sky cleared up here about 8PM to a cold crystal clear night, it didnt appear to be noticably bigger to the naked eye but it was a fair bit brighter. I tried to ask my wife if the super moon was affecting her in anyway but she was too busy sat on the garden fence howling .

Latest posts

Back