Survival Movies - The Grey

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravery

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
My family and I make it a habit of watching survival type programs and talking about what we saw and learned. Well, about a year ago, a movie came out that I felt had great hopes. It was "The Grey" with Liam Neeson.

I was going to even take my kid out of school to watch it but I saw it ahead of time and even though I am a great Liam Neeson fan... this movie was crammed packed of things that you SHOULD NOT do during a survival event. So, if you see this movie... please, please, please don't do anything they do in the movie... unless you enjoy failure.

Any thoughts?

Like you, I hoped for much, much better. Sadly it wasn't to be with this movie. Have you seen the new Red Dawn?

The Grey was a good movie but it did like you both said it had flaws and Red Dawn( not to rescent) was good but could of been alittle better and had a few things missing but still a good movie.(Newest Red Dawn was good) Only feedback i would say dont rely off a movie about survival techs or things to do during a certain scenario that you see go down in movies and then you see the actors do it. But on the other hand if its more toward documentary/ or teaching. Nat geo and other, etc - Dual Survival, Survivor man or Man vs wild would be good tv show, not movie- tv shows to learn from season veterans that have had the experience and knowledge to better forth explain certain things related to certain scenarios. But thats just me, everyone is going to be diffrent under diffrent categories and scenarios.

My family and I make it a habit of watching survival type programs and talking about what we saw and learned. Well, about a year ago, a movie came out that I felt had great hopes. It was "The Grey" with Liam Neeson.

I was going to even take my kid out of school to watch it but I saw it ahead of time and even though I am a great Liam Neeson fan... this movie was crammed packed of things that you SHOULD NOT do during a survival event. So, if you see this movie... please, please, please don't do anything they do in the movie... unless you enjoy failure.

Any thoughts?

I got a few.

First: If your fixing to get into a life or death grudge match with an alpha wolf, and you have time to quote a poem and make a neat stack of wallets, you also have time to drink the liquor BEFORE breaking the bottles. Come on, you GOT to prioritize! o_O

Secondly: I gotta agree with you Bravery, they made a TON of mistakes, the first of which IMHO was leaving the bloody crash site and it went straight to hell from there. I mean, seriously, you KNOW there are wolves stalking you and your strung out in a long line with crap for visibility? And you build a fire in the one most undefensable place you can find? For a movie it was good but for survival it was crap. If I had been with that group I would have just cut my own throat. Would have been faster and a lot less painful... :shtf

Latest posts

Back