T.V. Show Revolution

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Neighbor
I just had to post this.

Watch the commercial for the new t.v. show Revolution, and check out the woman's crossbow. It look like it is built backwards in several scenes. It look like she is pointing it at herself.

Does anyone know if there are crossbows built in such a fashion?

If this is an error, talk about a lack of attention to detail.

I will see if i can find a picture or two of this.

This is no error. Your seeing it right. The crossbow she is using is a Barnett vengeance. Its their newest crossbow. I was able to shoot one at cabelas no to long ago. Very nice to shoot. Well balanced and nice and compact.

This is no error. Your seeing it right. The crossbow she is using is a Barnett vengeance. Its their newest crossbow. I was able to shoot one at cabelas no to long ago. Very nice to shoot. Well balanced and nice and compact.
You nailed it ! How did you like it ?

I don't currently own a crossbow. I am shooting s compound bow a diamond black ice. But after shooting the vengeance I want to get it.

I don't currently own a crossbow. I am shooting s compound bow a diamond black ice. But after shooting the vengeance I want to get it.
Recurve for me, vengeance is out out my league, price wise. picked up this target, like it a lot.
s7_417405_999_02

Ok bows, cross bows, and compound bows.....
this is a weapon I have absolutely no experience at and the few times I have shot one I end up smacking my forearm with the string.

I am certainly up for any suggestions for a newbie archer.

WRIST GUARD !!!! practice, practice, practice
There is another problem I have. No place to practice. Wife might get a bit upset of i start shooting in the house.

Revolution airs September 17, 2012.
Is anyone going to watch it?

going to check it out
I have been looking forward to this show for some time now. especially to see that backwards cross bow.

Is anyone watching the show? tonight is the 2nd episode.

There is another problem I have. No place to practice. Wife might get a bit upset of i start shooting in the house.
just a suggestion, but use your garage, put some chip board behind your target as not to mess up your walls with off-shots, and open your garage for a bit further distances.
as far as the show, i find it quite hard to believe all power would shut down w/o solar, wind/water turbine technology coming to take place. well except for a little keychain source like a tesla coil that works for some reason. hell even i can build a fan that can generate electricity.
however, i do see it coming down to primitave weapons because lack of bullets, gunpowder, etc.
interesting show non the less.

Back