Tactical Tomahawk Guide

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aDave

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
After seeing one of @threetango 's tomahawks in another thread, I started looking around the 'net for info. I've always wanted to get one, but it was down on my list a bit.

I found this article which (at face value) appears to be a pretty good buyer's guide.
http://www.wildernesstoday.com/best-tactical-tomahawks/

I'd be curious to note what more experienced users think of the guide and if its information is accurate and useful for the first-time buyer (me). :D

Looks like threetango's tomahawk is #2 on the list. :cool: Thanks and regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea that many styles of tactical tomahawks are being produced. I've seen several SOG hawks at gun shows but did not look closely at them. After reading the above post and link, I intend to give them a closer look and so if one might be useful to me.

Here is a link to United Cutlery's offerings -

http://www.unitedcutlery.com/Category.aspx?cat=M4

When I was on the woodsmans team in college we threw double bit axes with the head reversed. I think I still have the one I made somewhere around here. :)

I never saw much use for a tomahawk. I did keep a hatchet handy though. I was given a tomahawk for Christmas last year though. A Camillus Titanium. I'm sure it's a cheap one, but it has become a favorite.

It's extremely sharp and easy to touch up. Has become a favorite tool for dressing pigs.
IMG_20171231_192423.jpg

I'm thinking about getting one to keep in my truck (in a box under the locked bed cover). Maybe an additional one for home, though I've already got access to most tools I might think I need.

I'll probably be looking at the multi-tool aspect. However, with grip issues in my hands, I'll be looking to choose one that has some bulk to the grip, as I can't completely close a fist.

I really don’t know. I want the Zero Tolerence one my buddy has, but they don’t make it anymore.

Latest posts

Back