Taste of the Old West: Hundreds of cattle rescued from the Trinity River

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...ttle-rescued-from-the-trinity-river/28278181/

Was on our way to son 2's house today when we went thru this town. Saw everyone lined up. Hunny said it looked like a parade. When we crossed the Trinity, it was right at 4 1/2 miles wide at the bridge. Very sad situation . . . so many were lost. That's a hard hit

On our way up 90, saw a steel door laying in the highway and a little way up a truck with horse trailer on the side of the road. A couple had a donkey with a lead rope and trying to hold on to him. Turned around, picked up their door and then went to help. They had just picked the jack up from an auction house and had loaded him into a two horse trailer that had seen its better days. Don't know how it happened, but the door had come off and the jack went rolling out the back. Thank goodness he only had some scraps on his legs that I could tell and nothing broken. As I walked up I asked the man if he had another rope and he said nope the bridle and lead was all he had. Hunny got a strap from the back of the truck and hooked it so that it would go along the back of his legs. I was in the trailer pulling the lead while the guys were on his backside and finally able to 'wench' him in. If I was that jack I wouldn't want to be taking another 'ride' back there either!! Tied him off so that if the other door came off poor baby wouldn't take another tumble. . . he still had another 15 - 20 miles to go down the road.

Latest posts

Back