The 1000 dollar gun challenge

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I would like to propose a challenge to every one. If you had 1000 dollars to spend on a new gun (has to be brand new) mods and ammo what would you get and why?

For example I'd get a rimmington 870 express with 400 rounds of 00 buckshot and 220 rifled slugs

I'd never buy a brand new gun. I can get WAY more for that $1000 going used off a private owner. You can save HUNDREDS by going used. I just can't throw away that kind of money.

Ruger 10/22 Takedown or a Mossberg MVP, then the rest would be ammo.

Are we limited to rifles and shotguns?

I would look at a combination of Ruger 10/22 Takedown (I have optics already in the house) plus a Browning Buck Mark 22. This is so that I have the same ammo for both pistol and rifle.

Ruger 10/22 takedown = $300.00
Browning Buck Mark 22 = $379.99
Extra Mags = $ 100.00
Total: $ 779.99

I would have $220.00 left for ammo. Here in the Philippines, it costs about 15 cents per 22LR giving me about 1,500 rounds.

But the prices for the guns and parts are actually higher here. $1,000.00 is not much when it comes to firearms here. For example, a Colt M4A1 costs about $3,200 here whereas it costs a whole lot less there.

My husband says the best gun for me would be a 20 gauge shotgun. I believe him so went searching. It would have to be a Benelli 20 Gauge Nova Pump Shotgun ($420) with a SightMark Ultra Dual Shot Pro Spec Night Vision QD Gun Sight ($150), which would leave me $430 for ammo.

My knee jerk was to say I'd want to build another 1911.... But that's just me being silly. I need another 22... I think a 10/22 and a 22/45 along with some ammo and goodies. I'm an FFL too, so I have extra savings for goodies! Hooooray Me! :p

:m4:

I would get a 10/22 and then have enough ammo to start a small scale war. lol
Well that 10/22 might just become an assault weapon here in Kalifornia if the liberals have their way. Right now AB374 is "limited" to center fire.

My knee jerk was to say I'd want to build another 1911.... But that's just me being silly. I need another 22... I think a 10/22 and a 22/45 along with some ammo and goodies. I'm an FFL too, so I have extra savings for goodies! Hooooray Me! :p

:m4:

There is an over-and-under 22/410 survival gun. The M6 Scout. I never tried it, although based on feedback it is pretty ok. The downside is the 410 and you only get 1 shot of each barrel.

The 22LR is a good caliber for budget-limited firearms. Am also speaking from my end since this ammo is so popular here and allowed to be used by civilianns in rifles.

$1000 dollars, one brand new gun and I have no other.........If I was in the city , 12 ga. and buckshot (because thats alot of fire power and my aim does not have to be so good )..............rural location , 22lr ( because more ammo, distance and squirrels and rabbits wont be pieces /parts )

Latest posts

Back