The best smoker I have ever used

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILD MAN

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have been grilling and smoking all my life and we grill or smoke something every weekend even in the winter. I have had many smokers over the years, smokers with the fire box on the side, electric and charcoal barrel looking smokers, homemade, store bought, you name it, but about two years ago I bought a Masterbuilt smoker that was recommended by a friend and it is by far the best smoker I have ever used in my life, I waited till I saw it was going to hold up before I recommended it to anyone, for two years I have used and abused this thing and it just keeps getting better and better, I have smoked everything in the world in this thing (except fish, fish are gross) and it comes out prefect every time, at one time I smoked four full racks of spare ribs and two Boston butts, another time I smoked three turkeys all at the same time. And the best part is you don’t have to babysit this thing like they say “just set it and forget it” I put the meat in drop in a few wood chips and go do something else about two hours later I dump in another hand full of wood chips and then let the smoker do the rest, I don’t have to touch it till the meat is done, usually I start it in the evening and its done when I wake up. Everybody need one of these!!!!

masterbuilt.jpg

Thanks for that. Had a look - very nice looking. I found a few others too, so will see how much the Minister of Domestic Warfare & Finances lets me spend.

I use the hell out of my pit barrel cooker, love it to death but you need to fiddle with it past the 8-10 hour mark.

Trapper, where did you find your lid for your smoker? Is it from a grill or something?

I used the lid from a large weber grill. I took a rubber mallet and tapped out the lip along the bottom edge to give it more flair
To fit better. It works very well.

I have been grilling and smoking all my life and we grill or smoke something every weekend even in the winter. I have had many smokers over the years, smokers with the fire box on the side, electric and charcoal barrel looking smokers, homemade, store bought, you name it, but about two years ago I bought a Masterbuilt smoker that was recommended by a friend and it is by far the best smoker I have ever used in my life, I waited till I saw it was going to hold up before I recommended it to anyone, for two years I have used and abused this thing and it just keeps getting better and better, I have smoked everything in the world in this thing (except fish, fish are gross) and it comes out prefect every time, at one time I smoked four full racks of spare ribs and two Boston butts, another time I smoked three turkeys all at the same time. And the best part is you don’t have to babysit this thing like they say “just set it and forget it” I put the meat in drop in a few wood chips and go do something else about two hours later I dump in another hand full of wood chips and then let the smoker do the rest, I don’t have to touch it till the meat is done, usually I start it in the evening and its done when I wake up. Everybody need one of these!!!!

View attachment 2482
funny, this morning I told my wife I wanted a good smoker. And yes, I agree with the fish thing! I'll look into it, thanks.

Latest posts

Back