The Facebook Posts that really Grind your Gears!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish13

Friend
Neighbor
Didn't know where else to put this post, and probably people have already made posts on the topic, but I just want to throw in my two cents.

Majority of us have Facebooks I imagine, maybe to keep in touch with friends, family or etc, And i know from time to time you may come across posts that erk you, grind your gears, make you want to write your politicians (for whatever good that would do) but just now I've come across just such a post that one of my friends shared on their wall.

( http://www.wbir.com/mb/news/crime/woman-charged-for-stomping-on-american-flag/102405227 )

This post in particular. (hope its ok to post links, i clicked it, didn't get a virus or nothing so seems ok)

Getting real tired of this Anti-American Flag Stomping, bull crap. Now I have never served in the Military, although I wish i could and given the opportunity i'd do it in a heartbeat but i consider myself a Patriotic person, A lot of people in my family have served in Wars and different conflicts, Pretty much since the Civil War, Uncles, Grandparents, Aunts, My Dad, Cousins and etc. but I try and support the Veterans any chance i get.

Seeing this sort of Flag stomping crap really grinds my gears down to the core, Men and Women have bled and died for this flag. Thousands of miles from home in the heat of the jungle or the desert, or the cold of snowy mountains, Under equipped, outnumbered, bad conditions all around.

What gives a person the right to stomp on the American Flag, I may not support our government fully, but I sure as heck support the men and women fighting for us over there. Scumbag people in this world pulling crap like that. Glad she was arrested though.

Anyways I know thats a ton to read, but thats my Rant for the day.

I'm mostly sick of folks who feel the need to bash a particular Presidential candidate, without a) saying who their choice is (man up at least!) and b) saying why they feel their candidate is better.

Look, I'm fine with pointing out the flaws of a candidate, but at least if you're going to do it, own up to who you support and why.

I'm mostly sick of the Bernie supporters bashing Trump. It shows how truly short-sighted they can be. Trump isn't Bernie's competition. Hillary though, IS....kind of a no-brainer here....so why attack the guy you KNOW your candidate would beat in a national election?

Personally, I would have preferred Rand, if I could have gotten a Rand free of all the religious BS.... Unseen, and unheard, he's been busy fighting for our Constitution during the rest of this campaign.......

But, the remaining choices...yikes. Anyhoo, bash away, but at least own up to your own choice, and recognize who is REALLY your candidate's biggest threat.

Latest posts

Back