The lotto

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hey all,

If you won $200,000 in the lotto what you you buy? I'd most likely get a Barrett 99 Rifle System, .50 BMG.expand my preps, get a truck, buy a condo and hopefully other random things

1st thing..a good dependable truck..it'd be my every day to work truck..pluse my bug out truck
2nd thing.land in the country some where in which id build my new home..
\3rd..hope i win the lotto again

1_horizon1.jpg

this trailer to go with my 85 toyota 4x4

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/trailers.html

If you won $200,000 in the lotto what you you buy?

I'd pay off the mortgage, go full solar power, and put in a nice pool.
I'd get a nice rifle too, with a night vision scope.
Knock out two big monthly bills in one shot, and go for a nice swim. :D

Of course, right now, the Powerball is at 400 million!

Man, I can't even imagine what I'd do with 200 million....(about what you'd really get).
As much as I love the ranch, with that kind of dough, I'd have to go bigger in area and more remote, and with waterway access. Completely custom castle look home designed for both aesthetics and a prepper mentality, as well as green energy, and security. Total prepper paradise, without screaming prepper to the outside world.

The kids could go to whatever college they wanted. All debt gone. Nice new vehicles, awesome stables, etc. Wells, water storage, solar/wind power, food storage, gardens, stocked private pond. It'd be pretty epic.

First I would through one heck of a party. I would give my extended family enough money so they would not bother me!! I would find several properties to own in the USA. I would set them up for BOL's and use them for living at for different times of the year. I would let the family also use them for vacationing so they would be used and stayed in. I would buy some brand new vehicles and give the ones I have away to people that can use them to make their lives easier.
I checked the Lotto and cash out for the 400 million is 223 million. I would spend and give away 23 million and keep the rest to live on the interest.

Heck, the interest on 23 million would be easy enough to live off for the rest of my days.
Of course, on that island, it'd have to be patrolled by sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads....or at least mutated angry sea bass......

a island large enough for 50 or more ppl to live comfortably.each person or family would have thier own home to live in,with the understanding im the owner of the property and all structures,and that I HAVE final say so on things.and then te property in usa and maybe other countrys as well..it'd have to be out away from any village town and city over 200 ppl ..solar powered vehicales..

If the island is small enough, bikes would suffice, or horses, and horses and buggies. Just seems like a lot of solar wattage to waste.
If you could find an island with good size, lots of wind, and lots of sun, yeah, that'd be a cool setup.

and put dummies dressed up like pirates on it..and keep it where everyone can sneek onto it when needed..

I think boat living would be incredibly interesting....my problem with having a prepped boat is that i am kinda completely land locked
if not JimLe you would totally be invited to be a pirate with me lol...you can dress up the dummies lol

:oops: i aint sure i wanna go threre when it comes to me dressing up the dummies....on acount i might over do it..lol

there's sevral draw backs to liveing on a boat.and there's one draw back when it comes to liveing on a boat comes to mind.resupplying the food.wild game life stock and gardens..then there's boat repairs..pluse who ever is liveing on the boat,needs to at least set foot onto dry land time 2 time..

Hey all,

If you won $200,000 in the lotto what you you buy? I'd most likely get a Barrett 99 Rifle System, .50 BMG.expand my preps, get a truck, buy a condo and hopefully other random things
I would get a Ford F-250, complete the gun collection, trailer, and perfect my preps! and have old-anorak teach me how to can.

One of those luxury silos has my name on it! An arsenal and shooting range on one level. Hydroponics gardening on another level. On another level would house the gym and pool. Theater and billiard, bowling and arcade on yet another level. Living area would be decked out, the guilder cage as it were. Above ground would hold the thousands of acres surrounded by high tech electric fencing powered by solar and wind power. Inside that fence? Few thousand head of cattle. Live large right?

Hey all,

Since I already have several hundred acres totaly surrounded by national forest, have all the vehicles I need, don't need any more firearms, and I'm pretty much debt free, I guess I'd buy some more land and give it to my kids. Oh, I do need a new boat to replace my 21' Jetcraft.

$200,000 would have me buying a piece of property that is out of the way. I would work on a building too, but I'd have to balance out acreage with the building and supplies.. I would start a garden, and bring in some hogs and chickens.

Id buy an armored troop carrier, finish my gun purchases, enough ammo to supply a small army, buy an off grid home with a bunker and stock it with all the survival goods id need (survival food, heirloom seeds, medical supplies, etc...) and if i had anything left over id outfit the house with solar, buy and train a few pitbulls, stuff like that. And it would pit me so far ahead i could take my income and hammer out the minor details for prepping. Take some medical classes, hire a personal trainer to teach me more HTH combat and get more fit, buy some livestock. It would be amazing.

Honestly, now that hunny is retired, I would love to move what we have now further into the country on unbeaten path and add a root cellar. With any other money l had left over, it would go to food and water.

Latest posts

Back