These At-home Solutions Can Clean Your Dentures in a Jiffy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
when you one day run out of denture tabs--- some good info from a dentist

These At-home Solutions Can Clean Your Dentures in a Jiffy​

• Peroxide bath. This brown-bottled solution is found in almost every teeth whitening solution. Plus, it serves as great everyday cleaner. To clean your dentures with peroxide simply add peroxide and a little water to glass. Then, allow the dentures to soak overnight. Peroxide keeps dentures clean and bright; plus, it’s inexpensive and easily found in just about every pharmacy.

• Baking soda and vinegar solution. Denture cleaners usually bubble and fizz when mixed with water. If you would like a similar, cheaper alternative, use vinegar and baking soda instead. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and add it to your denture cup. Then place the dentures inside, and pour enough vinegar (white distilled) to submerge them. Let those soak overnight and follow your morning cleansing routine as usual.

• Bleach water mixture. Bleach is a known germ-killer and it can make your dentures squeaky clean, too. To make a bleach solution, your Ankeny, IA dentist suggests using two parts of water for every one part of bleach. A bleach water bath cleans and deodorizes exactly like a denture cleaner.

https://www.ankenyfamilydentist.com/denture-cleaning-remedies/

Peroxide wouldn't taste good, but probably wouldn't be horrible either. I can't imagine putting something vinegar-soaked of bleach-soaked in my mouth. No doubt that'll kill off a few bacteria - it's the host organism that I'm worried about turning into collateral damage. 🤢

thats great
Peroxide wouldn't taste good, but probably wouldn't be horrible either. I can't imagine putting something vinegar-soaked of bleach-soaked in my mouth. No doubt that'll kill off a few bacteria - it's the host organism that I'm worried about turning into collateral damage. 🤢

well for an overnight soak it seems workable--just got to rinse off good before putting in next morning. i use denture tabs but read there is some really really nasty stuff in there and not really necessary. so heres some options, especiallly when next chapter in life we cant find or afford them

when you one day run out of denture tabs--- some good info from a dentist

These At-home Solutions Can Clean Your Dentures in a Jiffy​

• Peroxide bath. This brown-bottled solution is found in almost every teeth whitening solution. Plus, it serves as great everyday cleaner. To clean your dentures with peroxide simply add peroxide and a little water to glass. Then, allow the dentures to soak overnight. Peroxide keeps dentures clean and bright; plus, it’s inexpensive and easily found in just about every pharmacy.

• Baking soda and vinegar solution. Denture cleaners usually bubble and fizz when mixed with water. If you would like a similar, cheaper alternative, use vinegar and baking soda instead. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and add it to your denture cup. Then place the dentures inside, and pour enough vinegar (white distilled) to submerge them. Let those soak overnight and follow your morning cleansing routine as usual.

• Bleach water mixture. Bleach is a known germ-killer and it can make your dentures squeaky clean, too. To make a bleach solution, your Ankeny, IA dentist suggests using two parts of water for every one part of bleach. A bleach water bath cleans and deodorizes exactly like a denture cleaner.

https://www.ankenyfamilydentist.com/denture-cleaning-remedies/
" easily found in just about every pharmacy."

Easily found in any Store... :thumbs:

Back