Things ain't looking good here in Washington State

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Our creek is about 3 ft below normal, I've seen it drop a foot and a half late summer not this much and certainly not this early. The garden irrigation utilizes this creek, apparently not this year. The kids gone several mile up checking for beaver dams no such luck, it looks as if the State wide drought is now affecting us.

creek.jpg

We had a drought here several years ago and the Mnts turned brown during Summer , huge old trees died . One thing I noticed is that critters got bold and started prowling day and night . Rattle snakes and Copper Heads were seen where you would'nt expect them . Especialy around animal water troughs and bowls .

The kids are seeing more bear activity in the low lands then normal this time of the year, I had to pick up more chicks given we have been struggling to keep our chickens long enough to produce, we have been seeing a lot of critter activity.

The kids are seeing more bear activity in the low lands then normal this time of the year, I had to pick up more chicks given we have been struggling to keep our chickens long enough to produce, we have been seeing a lot of critter activity.
I can help you out with catching snakes eating chickens eggs. . . I lost a whole flock a few years back due to a mink. Something we had never seen before. Hope you get some rain some, Lord knows we could give you some from our state!

we've had problems wit snakes in the past..but not that much of one..our biggest problems has been fleas,and moles...

we have a fire not far from us, the smoke has been lightly blocking the sun, Horseshoe (center slightly left on the map) isn't that far from us (we southwest of the fire) the way the crow flies, so far doesn't pose any danger to us though things are getting closer.

fires.jpg

Horseshoe Fire, Mount Adams (semi-active stratovolcano volcano) to the left (north) of the fire.

fire2.jpg

I'd say a little too close for comfort! I wish I could send you some of the rainfall we have been having this year to help out with your drought and fire issues. Hope it can get contained soon. Reminds me of the wildfires CO had a few years back.

Latest posts

Back