Training thoughts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reader

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I been thinking that multiple forms of trainings...boxing...and others. Also considering a survival cpurse...first aid....and hiking more. Is this a overkill? Id like to practice a military obstacle. Course. Kinda hard when they don't open to the public . Thoughts...

Take a First Responder class. Many areas offer them for free. If you assist ambulance services in your area they will usually give you a basic first aid bag. We have a county wide program like this. Its also a good way to meet other EMS,LEOs and other staff. As far as trainings like your asking we dont have much to offer in my neck of the woods. I take trips to the Boundary Water Canoe Area. Do a 10 mile trek in the wilderness and you will definitely get an experience in self reliance and endurance.

I been thinking that multiple forms of trainings...boxing...and others. Also considering a survival cpurse...first aid....and hiking more. Is this a overkill? Id like to practice a military obstacle. Course. Kinda hard when they don't open to the public . Thoughts...
I don't think it is over kill as much as it seems a bit scattered. I would pick a style of hand to hand defense, definitely a first-aid/EMT course, you could combine hiking with the obstacle course and survival course idea.

You might could find a civilian version on the web somewhere.

MMA training: Striking, ground and pound, cardio

Latest posts

Back