Tribute to a Hero

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Today my Uncle George died. He was 95.
He was born and raised in Budapest, Hungary. He was a Jew. Sometime in the late 30's the Nazi's came and took his Mother, Father, and Sister out of the house and put them on a truck. They were taken to a field and shot. His parents hid him in the floorboards.
His Uncle and two Aunts smuggled him out of the country in a trunk by bribing the Nazi border guards with diamonds. They had owned a jewlery store. They came to America.
Sometime after he joined the U.S. Army and fought in Europe against the Nazi's. He received a Purple Heart. After the war he was a Parole Officer until he retired. The night before I went to Vietnam he told me about the Brotherhood. I didn't understand then, but I understand now.
He always stood for things that were right.
There are many American Hero's like him, with the guts and intestional fortitude he possessed.
The world will miss him.
From a Brother to a Brother.
Sleep with the Angels.

He and his kind are genuinely needed and missed in this world. May the next world be kinder to him because its already better with him...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle George, Loomis. It sounds like he had to overcome so many trials during his lifetime. Thank you, George for all your unselfish sacrifices. You embody the very spirit of what makes this country great. Well done Sir, rest in peace with God.

So sorry to hear about your Uncle George, Loomis. It sounds like he had to overcome so many trials during his lifetime. Thank you, George for all your unselfish sacrifices. You embody the very spirit of what makes this country great. Well done Sir, rest in peace with God.
The family thanks you.

Sorry for your loss Loomis. He made a lot of sacrifices for America and I am grateful for his service in the military. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

Dear Mr. Loomis,
I'm so sorry for your families loss. I'm sorry for the loss our country has of an unselfish, loyal man who even through great adversity choose through his resilience,
to stand on his character and integrity to serve us, as you Mr. Loomis and countless others have and continue to do.

Thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for your service. May God comfort your family as only He can!
All of you are in my thoughts and prayers Mr. Loomis.
With a grateful heart,
Lindy

Wow, man. Sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing all of that with us, though. Great stories like that are inspiring. They help me think about all the good things that are in human beings. Faith, courage, diligence, and resolve to do what needs to be done. Conviction in one's heart is a powerful thing, especially when coupled with the self preservation instinct.

Interesting story about their past, too. I was talking to an older gentleman this weekend about some folks he knew of from Hungary that were in the diamond trade. They had walked away from a family fortune to start a life that they wanted to live, instead of allowing their family to arrange their marriage and dictate their life.

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

Latest posts

Back