Tropical Storm Helene forms, forecast to hit Florida as major hurricane

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am already tired of hearing how this normal hurricane during normal hurricane season that will bring normal hurricane results was completely caused by CLIMATE CHANGE!
It is! Climate by definition CHANGES!!!

Notice how they completely removed the words "man-made" from their insane proclamations.

First it was man-made global cooling, ... then when that turned out not to be true, they changed it to man made global warming, ... and when neither were true, they change it to just climate change.

A fraud, a complete and utter fraud.

I look upon those claiming "climate change" with derision and disgust.

Useful idiots of the global elites.

Big rain storm now...

2024-09-27 08-34-02.jpg

We are 150 miles from where she made landfall.
This storm was well over 300 miles wide.
Most of the Gulf Coast is flooded with storm surge, even though she passed by far out to sea.

Even though she didn’t make landfall until about 11:30 PM, our winds had been gusting all afternoon as a result of the outer bands, and we lost power at 11:00 PM.
By midnight this house was making sounds that we don’t hear very often. I knew that the forecast of 30-40 mph gusts was total and complete BS just by the noises our house was making.
A neighbor told me this morning that her weather gizmo recorded 87 mph.

At daylight wife and I went out for a look. No trees down, roof shingles look good (new roof since Irma took the other one in 2017), horse stall that I built myself to Florida Wind Code was fine, chickens ok. Big debris fields of limbs and branches, but no damage.

Got the generator running so we can have water and lights. No AC but we have a fan plugged in.

All I can say is “Thank you Lord Jesus!!”

And for anyone making light of this storm, remember people are dead, homes have been lost, billions of dollars of damage done.

The hurricane went right over my niece's house in Florida, but being inland by 20 miles, they just got lots of rain, nothing else. IMHO, this CAT 4 hurricane was pretty much all hype. Was there something else in the news that they were trying to divert from? Has the "WOKE" generation infiltrated the National Hurricane Center?

The hurricane went right over my niece's house in Florida, but being inland by 20 miles, they just got lots of rain, nothing else. IMHO, this CAT 4 hurricane was pretty much all hype. Was there something else in the news that they were trying to divert from? Has the "WOKE" generation infiltrated the National Hurricane Center?
Where in Florida does she live?

All of the home damage I see is from a tree falling on it. No roofs blown off.
A lot of houses burned down when the Tesla in the garage flooded. :rolleyes:

All of the home damage I see is from a tree falling on it. No roofs blown off.
A lot of houses burned down when the Tesla in the garage flooded. :rolleyes:
Obviously you haven’t seen any footage from Cedar Key, near where it came ashore.
Or any footage from the Gulf Coast where the storm never came closer than 100 miles.

The outer bands may have gone over, but if the center went over her she would not be in good shape at the moment.
Which is why I asked where she lived.

We are 150 miles away from where the center came onshore and still got 90 mph winds.

Just in case anyone thinks this was hype, or just a joke.
The first here is SW Florida, here Helene passed by far out to sea

The next two are close to where it came ashore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6lCT1FmHs

major flooding and power off all over around here , but we are on top of the mountain , not sure what the road below looks like yet
and it is still raining, been raining for 3 days with no more than a half hour or so break in between
I think we got like 6 inches
Florida has mountains? Who knew? Not me!

Florida has mountains? Who knew? Not me!
Actually, Helene is moving so fast that she's over western North Carolina already.
My daughter NW of Charlotte got hit this morning.

this is a major storm....millions in damage...western n.c. is hammered dog poop now....broad river dam is about to blow...told people below to leave now.

friends in south reporting to me is bad...real bad in the path of this thing.

I think Lake Lure is near the Hendersonville NC area. Just south of Asheville. I just saw a report of Hendersonville have 24+" of rain in the last 48 hours. Over 6" more than any other area reporting.
That article Elke posted said the lake rose over 10 feet overnight and is endangering causing the dam failure. The 3000 residents living below the dam have been warned to evacuate RIGHT NOW

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurr...ns-without-power-after-monster-helene/1694771

LIVE: 30 deaths reported amid catastrophic destruction, millions without power after monster Helene​

Helene is the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the United States this year, and it will continue to produce life-threatening conditions as it moves inland over the Southeast with intense wind and flooding rain.

Updated Sep. 27, 2024 2:07 PM CDT

The latest report from my Daughter in NC says that I-40 is washed out.
The picture shows one whole side of the road where it goes across a river is completely washed away.
It won’t be reopening any time soon.

The power situation will become critical. I went to my power company website to see when we would get electricity again, and their post indicated that the main problem is in the high transmission lines not being able to feed all the substations.
There’s only so much electricity to go around, and too many demands.

Think how easy it will be for some country to cyber attack and cripple our electric grid.

Potential port strike (Sea Port)???

The latest report from my Daughter in NC says that I-40 is washed out.
The picture shows one whole side of the road where it goes across a river is completely washed away.
It won’t be reopening any time soon.
I 40 runs along the pigeon River all the way across the mountains. Landslides are common. Detour will be I 26 between Johnson City TN and Asheville NC. Thatll be a mess for months

The Waterville dam in Tennessee has suffered catastrophic failure.
Downtown Newport is being evacuated.
I hadn't heard about this one yet. Local news just came on. And this is actually Walter's Dam east of the Stateline in NC. And is on the pigeon River and does flow into TN and will hit Newport. They are already having historical flood levels on the river. Over 26' above flood stage. Old record was around 23'.
I think the I 40 outage is around the stateline

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back