Tsali a tale of a Cherokee bug out

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad stories about the American Indians, the way they've been dealt with will forever be a black mark on our world.
P.S. I use the saying "dealt with" loosely.
In those days 9 out of 10 Native Americans that died was a direct result of the white men.

Interesting story. I agree it was a sad thing in this countries history. Thanks for sharing.

I met some native Americans in both New Mexico and in Northern Kansas, what a dignified community they are even after all the **** and betrayal thrown at them. The attacks on their culture and lands by White settlers reminds me of how the Anglo Saxons got shafted by the Normans over here in 1066

As true as that may sound, killing, scalping, burning there homes, rapeing there woman. And as we did here in Canada with the "residential schools", the government forcefully removed an estimated 30% of the children away from the families. Removed there culture, language, broke there spirits or tried there best to do so. To hear the stories from those schools from the ones who lived through it is horrible as well. And the last one to close didn't shut it's doors until 1996.

With all that said, you are right Arcticdude, that today we have a luxury of peace here in the West, with a morale sense to protect everyone and judge all those who we deem to have offended the "moral fabric of society".

I met some native Americans in both New Mexico and in Northern Kansas, what a dignified community they are even after all the **** and betrayal thrown at them. The attacks on their culture and lands by White settlers reminds me of how the Anglo Saxons got shafted by the Normans over here in 1066
Human beings are pretty rotten animals. We always have been. There are really good individuals, but as a whole we are not very good to each other.

The so called Native Americans today are not the same as yesterday!! I don't speak with a blind tongue either. I am 1/4 Southern Cheyenne and my Wife is half Native American her mom born on the reservation in Oklahoma as was my Grandmother, Lisa is Cherokee. We shouldn't use yesterday to judge, In fact Lisa believes the reservations shouldn't receive tax payers money to cover what our white ancestors have done and I agree.

The past was a travesty but all don't lay blame with the whites.

The so called Native Americans today are not the same as yesterday!! I don't speak with a blind tongue either. I am 1/4 Southern Cheyenne and my Wife is half Native American her mom born on the reservation in Oklahoma as was my Grandmother, Lisa is Cherokee. We shouldn't use yesterday to judge, In fact Lisa believes the reservations shouldn't receive tax payers money to cover what our white ancestors have done and I agree.

I still blame the French :)

I am part Cherokee. My mothers grandmother was at least half. The pictures we have of her look like she came straight out of an Indian village. Anyways, I don't feel any resentment to anyone. Yes, they were horribly treated. Yes, I do feel that it was the white mans fault. Yes, I think those responsible should have to pay. Now comes the good part, THEY ARE ALL DEAD! All the people that were responsible for the terrible treatment have been long buried and mostly forgotten by even their relatives. No one alive today owes anyone anything for past generations actions.

Latest posts

Back