UNIMOGS AND VOLVO C303 KICK ASS B.O.V

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Neighbor
http://www.real4x4.com/custom.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog

Tan303web.jpg

Yeah but they cost like 90k super pricy but 100% self contained 4x4 with camper on top it will take you and 4 others any where

That would be a nice set up, you could do a roof top tent on the truck and a trailer. Still have room for supplies.

All the trucks are very nice but the sportsmobile 4x4 takes it. second i'd have to go with the toyota 4runner, Thats what I've got but not that new. It's a 91 but I got it for $1,800, had 118k miles and is mechanically solid. I'm not going to travel in it when tshf except to get me in the direction I intend on going so most things I have in it now will be removed and will go with me. My quad band Yeasu radio as well as the quad band antenna will be removed. I intend on being on foot for the most part so if things get real bad i'll have to leave her behind and far enough away not to give up my location but close enough to not burn myself out carrying whatever i decide to take.
I've thought about how I could hide it securely enough to have something to come back to just in case. Any ideas?
It would be likely that it will be left at 10k or above and in the forest area.

All the trucks are very nice but the sportsmobile 4x4 takes it. second i'd have to go with the toyota 4runner, Thats what I've got but not that new. It's a 91 but I got it for $1,800, had 118k miles and is mechanically solid. I'm not going to travel in it when tshf except to get me in the direction I intend on going so most things I have in it now will be removed and will go with me. My quad band Yeasu radio as well as the quad band antenna will be removed. I intend on being on foot for the most part so if things get real bad i'll have to leave her behind and far enough away not to give up my location but close enough to not burn myself out carrying whatever i decide to take.
I've thought about how I could hide it securely enough to have something to come back to just in case. Any ideas?
It would be likely that it will be left at 10k or above and in the forest area.

No way the volvo would kill the sportsman off road.

No way the volvo would kill the sportsman off road
I doubt it very much. That ford is a big HD vehicle and the bumper is very nice. My little toyota is undergoing body armor modifications. First was a front lightbar and almost done with the sidebars which will have individual steps for all 4 doors. The rear bumper will be the next project then a roof rack. Since this toyota has a sunroof the roofrack will be a shorty but I may extend the siderails all the way to the front above the windshield for more lights. I should post this ongoing project in "welding" with pics. This project is moving fast now with the new addition of a Harbor Freight 16 ton pipe bender. does 1" to 3" pipe and the top rollers adjust to give you a very tight bend. I had a very old one but it was only 8 ton. Worth the $300 I paid.
I'll continue this post and the project in "welding" and share some of the tricks used to get everything to fit just right using default bolt locations and threaded holes already there.
anyway, love the FORDrocks1986 and great color.

Latest posts

Back