Updated 11/7/2013: Super Typhoon to Hit the Philippines On November 7/8

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's coming in,on an American scale,as a strong catagory 5 with upto 190 mph winds and 230 mph gust and a possible 60ft storm surge!! Unreal.Stay safe my friend and I hope all your family and you stay out of harms way.

Last edited:
Thanks bro. It is actually unbelievable. It is the Strongest Storm to make landfall in recorded history and the fourth strongest in recorded history of the world (from the JWTC website). We are not in the direct path but are within the red zone of the storm.

We have set up our stuff and prepared the condo. Shut the windows (they are recessed and we are facing two other building taller than ours so they are pretty protected).

Gonna be a night of heavy rains and intense winds...

My teenage daughter still hasn't come home. Her school is just 5-10 mins away and I told her to go home about 5 hours ago. She and her hardheadedness is going to get her into trouble later.

We are expecting to feel the brunt of this in about 30 mins to an hour's time

Be Safe always... Will try to post updates tomorrow. Internet connections and communications are getting bogged down now here in the Metro.

"Super Typhoon" is no exaggeration!
typhoon-620x471.jpg

i hope your daughter gets home safely..and i also hope that yall get through this real good and safely,and no enjuries

Thanks for the concern, guys and gals. We were lucky. Just before it hit our area, it took a downward trend. it still hit cities about 4 miles to the south of us.

My daughter hung out with her friends. she got a scolding from me for not following instructions.

There is a new Low Pressure Area that will enter the country either tomorrow night or Monday morning. I hope and pray that it doesn't hit the areas that were affected by this super typhoon.

It is a good thing that the government here is very concerned about disasters and took pre-emptive actions. As of now, there are less than 100 deaths that have been reported as a result. Although there were a lot of damage to infrastructure.

glad to hear that all of you be alright..and i hope the Low Pressure area by-pass all of you..now stop worrying us by createing such weather..lol

Good to hear you're all safe and sound,many were not.That thing is a beast.Our media is just focusing on the worst hit area's (of course) but it's not pretty.

glad to hear that all of you be alright..and i hope the Low Pressure area by-pass all of you..now stop worrying us by createing such weather..lol

Hahaha... thanks guys... we are a typhoon and earthquake country... Fire and Brimstone hehehe... just kidding...

It was huge and powerful. devastation was widespread.

Heard about the news that there was a Microwave Pulse from the North Pacific that caused Typhoon Haiyan....

Latest posts

Back