URGENT PERSEC / Comms risk (Win 10 again)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it but it deleted my contacts list and would not work with my ISP so I uninstalled it and I'm glad I did now.

My PC (W 8.2) hasn't asked yet, but I set my internet connection to "metered" and I believe that stops it from downloading.

I think "they" have been doing it long before Win10, if you peaked "their" interest. They will be all over you, switching keyloggers on or of will do sqaut. Upgrading or not if they want to know what u are up to they will find a way. Upgrading will prob slow down your system and chomp on your data, if you are worried about your so called "privacy" its a mith it doesnt excist in electronic media. Thats my believe, i might be missing the pot totally. Who "they" and "their" is, it might be from the CIA or Crim Hackers, who knows.

but they sure keep trying..every time I open this comp,up comes that add;want to install it now??? nooooooooooooooooo,I don't
Its so bloody irratating, i would really like to put my hand through the screen and grap the little sh** that wrote the program on the other side and sqeeze the living daylights out of him and the same goes for popup ads and so on. [emoji35] [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji91]

Or as I have just done to make sure it works, to get rid of Win 10 icons, notifications etc

Control panel- programs-programs and features- installed updates - KB3035583 Uninstall, restart and it should be gone

okay,Graynomad,pls tell me who's tech-challenged what's "metered"??

Under W8.2 it's an option for a network (or maybe Internet) connection.

I frigged around for ages looking in various connection dialogues when I did it but just now when I went to reproduce that I right clicked on the connection and noticed the metered option on the drop down (see pic).

My wife tried to set this on her W7 machine, no luck, it seems it came in with W8.

Essentially it's telling Windows that you are paying for every byte of your connection so don't download crap you don't need.

I also set auto updates to off, but I've heard that's not enough to stop Windows from upgrading to 10, dunno if that's true or not but I wouldn't be surprised.

Attachments

• metered-connection.jpg
    metered-connection.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back