US soldier's remains found nearly 50 years after plane shot down in Vietnam War

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Neighbor
As a Vietnam vet I am happy to hear about this. There are so many MIA's from that war. I had friends who simply disappeared and have never been heard from since. I was not in combat per say, I worked on an airbase way down south. But guys who strayed too far from the perimeter came up missing. It was not a popular war for the U.S. so attitudes were different when we all came home. But I am encourged by the people who continue to work to bring our lost soldiers home. And on Veterans Day when I wear my hat I love the people who tell me thank you.

Another Brother comes home. My he rest in Peace.
POW/MIA

There have been many men and even some women that have been totally lost in wars. . . bodies never being recovered. So glad that Staff Sgt. Lawrence Woods remains were found. His spirit has gone elsewhere, but it is a closure for his family to know.

As a Vietnam vet I am happy to hear about this. There are so many MIA's from that war. I had friends who simply disappeared and have never been heard from since. I was not in combat per say, I worked on an airbase way down south. But guys who strayed too far from the perimeter came up missing. It was not a popular war for the U.S. so attitudes were different when we all came home. But I am encourged by the people who continue to work to bring our lost soldiers home. And on Veterans Day when I wear my hat I love the people who tell me thank you.

God Bless You Uncle Albert and a sincere "Thank You For Your Service" from our family!

Shenandoah

Thank all for their sacrifice, my U.S.M.C. Staff Sgt. uncle was ( in-country ) in Nov. 1965...............arrived home 3 months later............. I never knew him but was told he was a great dude.

Latest posts

Back