W4JRY, SK

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not really comms related. Other than my buddy being a ham for many years.
Jerry passed this morning. He joined our EmComm group when he moved here. After a short time he fit right in the group. A year or so after he joined up we received a donation for our group. Jerry suggested setting up a 501(C)3 to handle the funds. I had no clue on how to go about that. Well Jerry went to work and within a month had things set up to do just that, including all the paperwork that needed to be filed. He was the groups treasurer for a long time, until he turned 80 and asked for someone else to take over. We'd have never been nearly so successful without him.
Never met a stranger and one of the most well versed intelligent men I know. He was a retired CPA and loved to travel. You could mention thinking about going somewhere. by the next day I'd have an email or three with links to that area, and he'd bring books to you next time he saw you on the same place. When we met him my wifes dad had been dead for maybe 10 years and Jerry took to her like a duck to water. He treated us like his own kids.

Latest posts

Back