Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1727416880671.png

1727416919004.png

1727416956668.png

1727416988281.png

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-radar

I’ve got a really good friend and his family in Asheville, sister northeast of there in the mountains in NC - her newish home had failing retaining walls ; other family members near Gulf coast southeast of Fort Myers, another close friend has a place in Sarasota area too close to the water; one of the kids in Chattanooga area. Not enough people to worry about, Bacpacker and rice paddy daddy.
Sonya123 and elkhound getting slammed too.

Its glorious here today after yesterday, heavy rain all day. Temps have dropped somewhat, so had the fire on for the first time yesterday; it felt cold enough to snow, but it was about 8c /46f, over here the damp makes it colder. A crisp clear frosty day feels warmer than a soggy one.

so far we are ok here but have a wind warning now, we are not in the direct path but on the wrong side of it, so we are getting bad weather too. Looks like between 9 and 11 today it will be worst. I am sure the power will be off again when we least need it .
Hope our relatives in Florida are ok, I am sure they don't have power , hope everyone on here closer to the storm is ok also

Houses float away as Helene’s storm surge flood Florida communities​

By Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist and senior content editor

Sep. 27, 2024 7:59 AM CDT

As Helene slammed into Florida on Thursday night, a tsunami-like flood inundated coastal towns, including Steinhatchee, located a few miles south of where the storm made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane. Storm Chaser Aaron Rigsby was in Steinhatchee and captured dramatic video of entire buildings floating away as the storm surge pushed inland. As Rigsby looked on from higher ground, he saw several homes bunched up against some trees, similar to a pileup on a highway.

Southern Appalachians getting rain and wind

Latest posts

Back