Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling @Pearl
IMG_1216.jpeg

Starting to get some breeze, clouds, and a few drops of rain on and off. Moisture streaming up from the gulf.
I don't know what to expect as everybody says something different.. apparently they don't know either.
Prepared with whatever happens, but my dream would be a couple days of cloudy, soft rain off and on, and a nice tropical breeze.
Can I have that? Please?

Alberto will be there to pay you a visit!!🌊🌬️⛈️
Fortunately the early ones are pretty lame because we haven't had enough time to heat the water in the Gulf up real good.
We can easily handle 3" of rain and 40mph gusts. :thumbs:

Louisiana weather forecast​

The New Orleans metro is forecast to see up to 3 inches of rain through Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service in Slidell. Wind gusts of up to 40 mph are also possible this week along the southern Coast of Louisiana.
I'm gonna be really nice and not call it a 'pretendicane' :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Starting to get some breeze, clouds, and a few drops of rain on and off. Moisture streaming up from the gulf.
I don't know what to expect as everybody says something different.. apparently they don't know either.
Prepared with whatever happens, but my dream would be a couple days of cloudy, soft rain off and on, and a nice tropical breeze.
Can I have that? Please?
Please keep ALL the rain down there, lol! I'm ready for a good ol' summer drought!!

Please keep ALL the rain down there, lol! I'm ready for a good ol' summer drought!!
You really think were gonna be greedy and not share it with y'all Texans? :oops:
Weather Channel meteorologist Jim Cantore warned that "double-digit rainfall totals (are) likely along the coastal counties of Texas and potentially Houston." Flash flooding is a possibility in some parts of Texas, including in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Houston and San Antonio, according to Weather.com.
BTW, after it crosses the coastline, it's gotta go somewhere. :D

Here in Yuma, we’re experiencing a cold snap. Last week the daytime highs reached 110, but today…only 104.
I could never live in Yuma year-round. Winter may be okay, but in the summer, I'd move to someplace cooler: Mesa or Apache Junction.

Here in Yuma, we’re experiencing a cold snap. Last week the daytime highs reached 110, but today…only 104.

Aye, someone over yonder was complaining about how it was '92˚ out! :eek: I couldn't even go Outside!!' I said: 'Pfff, 92˚?? That's like 'Birthday Suit-Call' weather for Us! Neighbors Beware, 'One Button-suit' here I come! :D Feels Great up to about 110-112+... After that, yah.. Skin starts crispin up a bit.. ;)

jd

Just stopped in to feed the chickens. We have a tour group out in the mountains here in montana ,, Some were going to camp but using better judgement they booked rooms at the classic old hot springs hotel. We had snow in the morning and evening and a nice dusting of snow up about another 1000 ft of elevation. Our old motorhome is toasty warm tho. Overnight about 34 degrees.

Latest posts

Back