Wen generator

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby is on his way to look at a Wen 5600 watt generator. A young couple got it for their anniversary a few months ago. They don't want it, never put gas in it, it's been in their garage! Hubby is bringing gas and will start it. It has an electric start. They retail about $400, they were asking $300, Hubby is sure they will come down. We know someone who has an 11,000 watt Wen and they love it! Anyone here have any input??

The smaller generator we have now requires refueling every few hours. This one should run 12-14 hours on a tank! The conversation kit is a great idea Peepaw!!
I've got a 12kw propane generator at the pump house that I plumbed in to a 500 gallon tank. The generator never needs to be refuled.
I'm thinking about buying another 12kw propane generator to replace our Perkins diesel up at the house. Then I could plumb it in to the house propane tank.

I've heard good and bad things about Wen generators. Beware that they are made in China. Also most portable generators now days list the surge watts first, that makes it sound like a larger generator than it actually is. While the surge wattage is important, the running watts, in my opinion, is more important. Some manufacturers even seem to hide the running watts and you have to search for it.

We have had a 8500 watt wen for 5/6 years now I keep stabil In the tank in the off season but I’ve never done anything to it other then change the oil once a year

Back