What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a small pork shoulder in the slow cooker with orange juice, cinnamon sticks, cumin, salt and chili powder for 6+ hours then spread it out on a cookie sheet and broiled it crispy on the edges before ladling a little OJ/pork juice over it again. I then set out small white tortillas, chopped onion, cilantro, and spicy green salsa. Easy pork carnitas street tacos.

Would you provide a receipe for the Bierocks? Those look good. Wife is good at making rolls, I'd like to get her to try those sometime
She doesn’t really have a recipe. She cooks 5 lbs of hamburger two bags of shredded cabbage and 3 onions and cooks those slowly together until the meat is done. Stuffs the doe and bakes them 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Here is the bread recipe she uses.

IMG_5279.jpeg

She doesn’t really have a recipe. She cooks 5 lbs of hamburger two bags of shredded cabbage and 3 onions and cooks those slowly together until the meat is done. Stuffs the doe and bakes them 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Here is the bread recipe she uses.

View attachment 163508
Sounds good. We have a few dishes we make we burger, cabbage, and onion. Homemade rolls just add to it.
WE WILL BE MAKING THESE

Made roast chicken and ham dinner, and enough meat left for lunches tomorrow. Cooked tons of veg, what is left over will do tomorrow and Tuesdays dinners as everyone will be eating at different times. Roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, cabbage, carrots and parsnips- also roasted sweet potatoes for soup, and made a mince pie. Cut up red onions and grated cheese for sandwiches. The veg drawer is empty again :D Having a coffee now

I am going to try and make those oven baked cheeseburger sliders. The daughter loves those mediocre-at-best frozen white castle cheeseburgers, so this seemed like a good alternative. I am also going to make some onion rings in the convection oven.

https://www.thecookierookie.com/baked-cheeseburger-sliders/

I only used that recipe as a rough guide and skipped their glaze, which did not sound good to me. Instead I just melted salted butter, added some garlic powder and used it to top the buns. I also added ample sauteed chopped white onions on top of deluxe American cheese before I baked them. They turned out fantastic and the daughter said they were in her top 5 favorite meals now.

Love bierrocks. Looks good, hashbrown.
Husband having baked chicken breast, little granddaughter and I have chicken fingers with dipping sauce. Also green beans, cauliflower, mixed fruit, and some 7 grain bread I made today.

Latest posts

Back