What are you thankful for?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I was just lying here feeling very content with life. I worked pretty hard today, and finished off with a grilled steak dinner with roasted zucchini slices, homemade green beans and sweet corn on the cob. I washed it down with two, yes two, glasses of really good homemade muscadine wine. I know it's not thanksgiving or anything, but I am really greatfull to be able to go to sleep with a full belly, in a comfortable bed with a/c. I dosent take much to keep my happy in life!

I am slowly getting back into a life of physical work during the day then watching the sunset with a beer followed by a good meal. Basically the same as I've been doing for the last 15 years except I'm adding the physical work part :)

It's a simple life and really all one needs, I still do some electronics design but will wind that up, I can live fine without the money and I don't need the stress.

I firmly believe people should "drop out" if they can afford to, still use the good things from our current society but simplify your life to the basics. At present we can pick the eyes out of both lifestyles, it makes for a relaxed and stress-free life and it will be a good base for preparing for a post SHTF scenario.

So I too am very thankful for the life I've been allowed to live and I hope it continues along the same lines, no way I want a full-on SHTF event but if things just "get tougher" I'll hardly notice.

I too have added more manual labor to my routine. Talk about the good with the bad, hehe... I have to fix a fence tonight, when I get home from work, but then it's a nice steak dinner on the grill, so can't complain too bad.

This week, starting the bunny habitat project (converting one of the horse stalls of the second stable, to a 3 section bunny habitat). It'll give them more room, and make it a bit easier for us too, as close to a tack room, already having a water and power outlet, lights, fans, etc.

thankful that in two weeks I have my holiday and I get my two young sons to me, thankful for the warm weather which will give me my crop,I don't mind carrying that water or weeding, it keeps my body active in anormal working way

Honestly, I am thankful for the love of my hunny and for the life that we have built from the start up. Neither of us grew up with the lifestyle we have now and it has been a long haul with clearing land and putting up fences. We both had some experience going in with hunny's friend with livestock and me being interested in gardening and preserving at a very early age in life, but we are very content that we can raise our own that can sustain us until the next year now. Yes, we still have to buy some things, but for the most part. . . nope, not like many other. . Now that we are not having to do the "daily grind" and life is just the farm, it is much easier to handle.

Latest posts

Back