What Does The U.S. Debt Ceiling Really Mean?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video CrackBottomLouis posted on the "Can it happen here?" thread addresses the "debt ceiling."

In a nutshell, the video says there is no debt ceiling; it HAS to keep moving up; there cannot be a balanced federal budget because of the debt we already have.

Unfortunately that is a true thing. The debt ceiling is only a squabble about what we will increase the spending on. Not whether we will actually consider not increasing. When they say they are decreasing spending they are not actually decreasing spending btw. They are only decreasing the rate at which they increase. For example, if they normally increase a gov dept budget by 10% and then they only increase their budget by 8% then they count that as a 2% decrease in spending for that dept.

The national debt rise looks to be a useful measure of the devaluation of the USD. Not just against the currencies, because they tend to devalue too; I mean against the price of a loaf of bread/pound of 80% ground beef/pound jar of peanut butter. The problem with inflation is that air has no nutritional value.

The national debt rise looks to be a useful measure of the devaluation of the USD. Not just against the currencies, because they tend to devalue too; I mean against the price of a loaf of bread/pound of 80% ground beef/pound jar of peanut butter. The problem with inflation is that air has no nutritional value.

Yup. Expansion of the currency supply and inflation go hand in hand. Hence why USD has lost 95% of it's purchasing power. I'm not big into buying Pm's but an ounce of gold still buys the same it would have in 1930. It's takes many more dollars than it did in 1930 to buy the same goods. Gold hasn't gone up the dollar has gone down.

What happened to my POST ?... You asked, and I answered. The U.S. Debt Ceiling means (ABSOLUTELY) , NOTHING !....................

........ The U.S. Debt Ceiling means (ABSOLUTELY) , NOTHING !....................

Not quite so.

The Debt Ceiling is a "Political Football" used by the congresscriminals to bludgeon the sheeple into compliance. It means a LOT in the way they use it to mask their nefarious activities. Read the OP article.

Not quite so.

The Debt Ceiling is a "Political Football" used by the congresscriminals to bludgeon the sheeple into compliance. It means a LOT in the way they use it to mask their nefarious activities. Read the OP article.

I did read it, didn't have to, because I know better !....................

Yup. Expansion of the currency supply and inflation go hand in hand. Hence why USD has lost 95% of it's purchasing power. I'm not big into buying Pm's but an ounce of gold still buys the same it would have in 1930. It's takes many more dollars than it did in 1930 to buy the same goods. Gold hasn't gone up the dollar has gone down.

My problem with gold is that its value is mostly artificial - or at least dependent on factors that don't translate into practical usefulness. It is nearly inert chemically, so doesn't corrode on contacts in electric circuits. It's kind of pretty. What else?

I suppose what I wonder is whether its value in the Next Civilization or The New New Order is really presumptive.

My problem with gold is that its value is mostly artificial - or at least dependent on factors that don't translate into practical usefulness. It is nearly inert chemically, so doesn't corrode on contacts in electric circuits. It's kind of pretty. What else?

I suppose what I wonder is whether its value in the Next Civilization or The New New Order is really presumptive.

Yeah, I'm not big into pm's either. I think the only real wealth left is land with access to clean water, the ability to produce basic necessities off of it, the ability to protect that, fuel, knowledge, and a close knit tribe of like minded individuals you can count on. Not in that order. Everything else is just window dressing you can't count on imo.

Yeah, I'm not big into pm's either. I think the only real wealth left is land with access to clean water, the ability to produce basic necessities off of it, the ability to protect that, fuel, knowledge, and a close knit tribe of like minded individuals you can count on. Not in that order. Everything else is just window dressing you can't count on imo.

The Central Banksters have done their job.:oops:

As I said, it's their political bludgeon to use on US. Here is what the Demoncraps were REALLY trying to do with their shutdown.

Susan Cornwell, Richard Cowan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. senators struck a deal on Monday to lift a three-day government shutdown as Democrats agreed to end the standoff in exchange for President Donald Trump’s Republicans promising a debate on the future of young illegal immigrants.

http://www.kitco.com/news/2018-01-22/Senators-Forge-Deal-To-End-Government-Shutdown.html

As I said, it's their political bludgeon to use on US. Here is what the Demoncraps were REALLY trying to do with their shutdown.

Susan Cornwell, Richard Cowan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. senators struck a deal on Monday to lift a three-day government shutdown as Democrats agreed to end the standoff in exchange for President Donald Trump’s Republicans promising a debate on the future of young illegal immigrants.

http://www.kitco.com/news/2018-01-22/Senators-Forge-Deal-To-End-Government-Shutdown.html

They didn't get what they wanted which was legislation in favor of their stance on immigration in exchange for not shutting the government down. That blew up in their faces so they settled for a promise to discuss it later and are now trying to put a positive spin on their utter defeat. Good job Trump.

Latest posts

Back