What Was Your Favorite Toy as a Kid?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had different favorites at different times. Star Wars and GI Joe toys when I was 8-10 years old. Wood building blocks before that. Back in the early 80s, you could get these big plastic toy cars - Smokey and the Bandit style Trans Am, Corvettes, stuff like that. Those had to be two feet long and they were heavy. They'd roll a helluva long way on a sidewalk or driveway. And of course the little General Lee cars made by Ertl. But my all time favorite might have been Legos...

I had cowboy guns when I was young. We always wanted to play cowboys and Indians, but nobody wanted to be an Indian. Everyone wanted to be Roy Rogers or the Lone Ranger.

That evolved into a Daisy BB gun, but you never went anywhere without riding your bike with your baseball glove on the handle bars. We were always looking for a baseball game.
1727640551253.jpeg

Like this? 😍

Oh yeah, I had those roller skates that strapped to your feet and had metal wheels. We lived on a ranch and didn’t have cement so I seldom got to use them. My bro had a big wheel. That was fun going down mountains 😂

I liked many mentioned above but my favorites were;

Plastic army guys in a dirt patch were we built forts for them.

HO trains. I still have room devoted to N-scale layout.

GI Joes. My father built a tank and a jeep for them and my mother sewed clothing for them.

Major Matt Mason and crew.

I liked erector sets but never got a new one so I was always short nuts and bolts. My mother did like them because they wrecked damage of her vacuum.

My brother had a building set called Toggles. Lot of fun.

My father ket me loose in his shop with a sabre saw, electric drill and Dremel tool. The Dremel is still of my favorites to this day with a complete set of everything plus some.

I did stilts and was always gone once saved for my first 10-speed bike.

So the over-all favorite was the Dremel tool. I have burnt up at least four of them.

Ben

Latest posts

Back